So I was lying in bed this morning and to my surprise thought I could hear music. As I live alone and the house is deathly quiet I found this most odd. Then I realised that my PlayBook, which was in the living room, had decided to listen to some Ben Howard. I had previously been listening to it using Neutron MP 18 hours earlier but had not finished the whole album. Anyway the PB played the last track on the album then stopped.

A few months ago the same thing happened but with a YouTube video. Strangely, it was about the same time of day, and again, I was lying in bed. The previous evening I had been watching YouTube.

Has anybody else experienced this? I never switch my PB off, I just put it into Standby mode, but I always close the apps by swiping upwards. I can only assume that they had come to life again of their own accord but it is odd how it happens so many hours later. Is this an OS bug? I am running the latest official OS version which is 2.1.0.1526 and it is a 16Gb PlayBook serial number 1344-7858-0652 which I've had since February 2012 (bought secondhand off eBay). I am in the UK. I have not had any problems with the unit and use it nearly every day (although slightly less so now that I have had a Z10 for a month).
    03-16-13 05:58 AM
    Sorry, haven't heard that one before. Sounds alittle spooky,lol
    03-16-13 07:53 AM
    Plugged into the wall? Poorly grounded socket. Near a plasma tv or some other device that might generate electrical interference? These things have been known to cause the pb to DO THINGS on its own.
    03-16-13 08:43 AM
    WOW roll on BB10PB, a tablet that knows you never set your alarm and plays you tunes it knows you like to wake up to... NOW I'm a BlackBerry fanboi! LOL
    03-16-13 09:34 AM
    There is an old fashioned analogue TV in the room, various sockets powering things such as hifi, Freeview box (digital TV), etc. You could be onto somethuing there though as it has only happened when in that room. Most odd!
    03-16-13 10:40 AM
    are you a sleepwalker???
    03-16-13 12:21 PM
    Plugged into the wall? Poorly grounded socket. Near a plasma tv or some other device that might generate electrical interference? These things have been known to cause the pb to DO THINGS on its own.
    what proximity/range do these things happen??? i'm looking around @ plasma tv's right now & i need to know what to expect,,, does being connected to wifi, or not, while near a plasma have effects 'cuz i have a router on the way to enable my hardwired pc also...
    03-16-13 12:25 PM
    I'm sorry to tell you this but... You have a Ghost, best make friends with it! :P but honestly seems odd hope you can get it resolved
    03-16-13 12:27 PM
    what proximity/range do these things happen??? i'm looking around @ plasma tv's right now & i need to know what to expect,,, does being connected to wifi, or not, while near a plasma have effects 'cuz i have a router on the way to enable my hardwired pc also...
    I'm not sure but in the past videos have been posted. It may depend on the tv and/or other stuff, too. Some folks have had no interference. Those Lightning Globes has shown such effects.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-16-13 01:15 PM
    I'm not sure but in the past videos have been posted. It may depend on the tv and/or other stuff, too. Some folks have had no interference. Those Lightning Globes has shown such effects.
    yeah,,, i remember some of those vids,,, pretty funny stuff,,, i think one was set to music...
    03-17-13 05:34 AM
    03-17-13 09:17 AM
    looks like an early OS,,, what's the writing on top of the favorites bar???
    03-17-13 12:18 PM
    Yes, they changed the HOMEPAGE to eliminate those fixed "folders" or Tabs with what we now have. There was a Game one but I don't recall the others. I'm sure there are shots from back then.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    03-17-13 05:06 PM