- CrackBerry User
- 53 Posts
PlayBook pin, BBM7?
What's the purpose of the playbook's pin? Many moons ago when I bought my PB, I sent a BBM request to it from my BlackBerry. It never went through. Just now, when I went from the BBM 7 Beta to the official version, when my phone came back on my playbook was added as a contact.
Messages don't go through, nothing does. A bit odd and interesting though.
- 12-10-2012, 08:40 PM #3
RIM is starting to move away from PIN's and towards BBIDs which are controlled by an email and password that are self selected. The PIN may still be part of the process, BUT the BBID is not tied to any one device and can follow you from device to device. Basically a PIN is use by RIM to identify your specific device, this number is used by the RIM NOC which is a huge network of servers that controls our devices data traffic. (I'm no engineer, but I know I'm close)
- 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM #10Many thanks, downloads and dollars to all the developers out there!!!
- By rdy78 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 48Last Post: 07-07-2013, 02:46 AM
- By theKHMERboy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 9Last Post: 12-20-2012, 11:58 AM
- By tampasoccer in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 10Last Post: 12-20-2012, 09:24 AM
- By 5deep in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
- By dsquared2 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 29Last Post: 12-09-2010, 08:52 PM