I am happy with the pictures my playbook takes most of the time. The only problem is when the lighting is less than good...the picture becomes grainy. And I still wish someone would market a camera attachment to allow a better camera experience, like macro, shutter speed etc.
    But I've been taking photos of vehicles and using them as a cover photo for my music on YouTube. I use Picshop to add some nice effects to them. The combination of picshop and the playbook's camera is great. It looks almost like the photos were taken with preset filters with a high quality camera.
    I am just posting this to say that picshop is a fantastic application for the playbook, and the playbook's camera can be used to take some great photos. I know it doesn't compare to what a purpose built camera can do but with picshop, it reply closes that gap. Plus, you can't browse the Web, then send an email, then take a picture with just a purpose built camera. But with the PlayBook, you CAN.
    PlayBook + PicShop is a great combination. The full version of PicShop is definitely worth it for just five bucks.

If you want examples of some photos I took with my playbook and enhanced with PicShop, they are on my video's on YouTube.
    Just type in DJ KBook, uploaded by TRIMYOURHEDGES (me)

Thanks
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-09-12 12:29 PM
    I often use my BB Bold flashlight app to light the subject in fact you can hold the phone up against the back of the Playbook with the hand you are holding the playbook making it easy and it helps in low light tremendously. Try it -
    07-09-12 03:54 PM
    Here is another Tip you might find useful on using Box to store your photos in the cloud and easily retrieve them even on the road (if you have a BB and bridge functionality)

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-combo-682769/
    07-09-12 03:57 PM
    I often use my BB Bold flashlight app to light the subject in fact you can hold the phone up against the back of the Playbook with the hand you are holding the playbook making it easy and it helps in low light tremendously. Try it -
    That's a "brilliant" idea.
    anson1331 likes this.
    07-09-12 04:27 PM
    enlightening, thanks for the tip.
    07-09-12 08:46 PM
    I have got the same problem with mine. When the lighting was good, the pictures are excellent, but when the lighting is a little low, the kind of suck...same thing when I had my Tour. Now with the OS7 devices you can change a lot more settings to make the pictures good.
    07-09-12 09:35 PM
    I never thought to use my phone as a flash for the playbook, genius!
    07-10-12 07:43 AM
    I have got the same problem with mine. When the lighting was good, the pictures are excellent, but when the lighting is a little low, the kind of suck...same thing when I had my Tour. Now with the OS7 devices you can change a lot more settings to make the pictures good.

The reason for this is that ISO is one of the light settings that is set automaticly. Once the light goes down, the PB raises the ISO and you get grain. The darker it is, the more grain you will get.

I have found that setting the camera to auto or whiteboard seems to help a touch but not much.
    07-10-12 08:14 AM
    I wanted to start a new thread, but since I believe it's clearly related, I was amazed by the video quality and - in particular - about the sound.
    I took this video in an amusement park near Paris (Parc Asterix), sitting in the middle of the bleachers and (trying to lol) prop on a ramp. So it's a little shaky (especially at the beginning) but image and sound are more than fair for this type of device.
    P.S: the video is full HD, so don't forget to set the YT gear accordingly and run it fullscreen or at least in YT. Also please note it is not edited anyhow (the sound blows me !) and, of course YT compressed it quite seriously
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WldRwd6e47I[/YT]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-10-12 at 08:44 AM.
    07-10-12 08:33 AM
    I am happy with the pictures my playbook takes most of the time. The only problem is when the lighting is less than good...the picture becomes grainy. And I still wish someone would market a camera attachment to allow a better camera experience, like macro, shutter speed etc.
    But I've been taking photos of vehicles and using them as a cover photo for my music on YouTube. I use Picshop to add some nice effects to them. The combination of picshop and the playbook's camera is great. It looks almost like the photos were taken with preset filters with a high quality camera.
    I am just posting this to say that picshop is a fantastic application for the playbook, and the playbook's camera can be used to take some great photos. I know it doesn't compare to what a purpose built camera can do but with picshop, it reply closes that gap. Plus, you can't browse the Web, then send an email, then take a picture with just a purpose built camera. But with the PlayBook, you CAN.
    PlayBook + PicShop is a great combination. The full version of PicShop is definitely worth it for just five bucks.

If you want examples of some photos I took with my playbook and enhanced with PicShop, they are on my video's on YouTube.
    Just type in DJ KBook, uploaded by TRIMYOURHEDGES (me)

Thanks
    Sounds a lot like making publicity for the program......

But ....

you convinced me trying it out
    07-10-12 08:38 AM
    I found this dev who made a great bar file from a great online photography site called Pixlar of matic. Basically he built the app from the web site code so you get Pixlar of Matic running natively without the browser. Free
    So install the bar file and thank the developer who ported it. There are a few bugs in 2 or 3 of the borders but other than that it works great. I often use it as a camera, apply a quick filter or not and save it.
    And you can also save direct to Facebook

A bonus using this (like many others) is you name the file when you save it right then making searching for it with the lame BB file manager (such as attaching a photo to an email) and no more scrolling!

Link to pixlromatic bar file

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...c-port-721418/
    Last edited by BKillar; 07-13-12 at 10:17 AM.
    07-10-12 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD