thanks for the great input
    12-09-11 01:11 PM
    ifarlow, as far as the color goes on the playbook I find it to be pretty good viewing my website. Unless the client were compairing a print side by side with the playbook screen they wouldn't know the difference. Even if they were looking at a print side by side with your corrected monitor it would look different to them simply because the back lighting on your monitor.

When the receive their prints in the mail as long as the color looks right to them they will never remember what the colors looked like on the playbook.
    12-09-11 01:24 PM
    I'm very familiar with color correction and just prefer a color-corrected monitor for presentations.
    12-09-11 02:58 PM
    Playboook: Could you give us the link where we should be posting our feedback? The more voices heard, the better..
    You have to register at blackberry.com/beta Then you can fill the occasional survey and participate in the forums, including the one called "requested features" or something similar.
    12-09-11 09:59 PM
    More often I find myself using my original iPad to show prints I only wish there was a way to get any tablet to offload from my Compact Flash cards used in my Canon DSLR,

I have used my PlayBook more often in video thanks to the 1080p capture. Still, I wish the cameras had autofocus and macro abilities.
    12-10-11 02:20 AM
    To throw my opinion into this hat... as far as using the PlayBook to show clients their photos, I would never do it. Unless I've missed something, there is no way to color correct the screen meaning that what you see is not necessarily what you get.
    In fact, Flash has supported basic colour correction for some years, but it's not well-known, switched off by default and not often used by (colourblind) developers. I'm not sure whether it works on mobile devices though, nor am I sure whether it knows the profile of the PlayBook screen. There is certainly no way to calibrate it, yet.
    12-10-11 05:08 AM
    Has anyone attempted to use a tripod with their PB?
    I've used a SuperLux HM12 A microphone clamp to mount the PlayBook securely to a mic stand. The trick is that this clamp has a screw that allows it to be tightened. Don't overdo it though, or you'll break the glass. And add a little foam, rubber or cleaning cloth inbetween the clamp and PB to prevent scratches.

A good camera or musical instrument store will also sell thread adapters to mount mic clamps on a tripod instead of a mic stand. You could even add an inline shock mount...

12-10-11 06:00 AM
    More often I find myself using my original iPad to show prints I only wish there was a way to get any tablet to offload from my Compact Flash cards used in my Canon DSLR,

I have used my PlayBook more often in video thanks to the 1080p capture. Still, I wish the cameras had autofocus and macro abilities.
    I see where people always want to upload directly from their memory cards to the playbook. I really don't know why anyone would want to do that unless they are just taking casual snapshots of the kids. I don't know any professional photographers that just download their images and have them printed up for the customers without at least some minimal editing. I sure wouldn't want to edit on a 7" or even a 10" screen.
    12-10-11 06:09 AM
    I don't know any professional photographers that just download their images and have them printed up for the customers without at least some minimal editing. I sure wouldn't want to edit on a 7" or even a 10" screen.
    For me, it's not about editing on the PlayBook. That would be a horrible experience on any tablet. No, for me it's about quick culling in the field... keep this one, trash that one, etc. and about storage. I always do my processing back home on my computer dedicated to such activities.
    12-10-11 06:18 AM
    I see where people always want to upload directly from their memory cards to the playbook. I really don't know why anyone would want to do that unless they are just taking casual snapshots of the kids. I don't know any professional photographers that just download their images and have them printed up for the customers without at least some minimal editing.
    For portrait photographers I see your point, but there are other photographers who cover live events and the faster the photos get online the better. If RIM released a new Playbook with an SD card slot I'd buy it immediately.
    12-11-11 08:11 AM
    All I want is the Camera + app by taptaptap for quick editing and quick forwarding to family and friends.
    12-11-11 08:29 AM
    1. The only real use a PB has for pro photographers at this point is for presentations/proofing on the fly.

2. With no (as of now) proper USB support, transferring photos even for that limited use is nonexistent. Added to that, on-the-fly tethered shooting is not an option either without that USB option. For a better idea on that, see the first 2-3 vids in Scott Kelby's series Light It, Shoot It, Retouch It to see what I mean. Imagine if you didn't have to tote around that laptop and could simply link up your PB; in tandem with the tripod/clamp suggestions outlined by others in the thread(thanks folks!), that would make for some pretty mobile setups.

3. Model releases and associated legal-document-signing functionality still hasn't come to BB, much less the PB. The PB is primarily a visual medium, you'd think with the initial launch price of ~$700 for the 64gb version that there would have been tons of apps tossed in on release for the visual(photo/video) industries, but...nope.

Re: media card slots, I'm sorta on the fence. It would have been nice to have, but I'd rather have the USB functionality. Get with it, RIM.
    12-12-11 09:30 AM
    Rejoice! The playbook can now display photos on presenter mode, which means full HD No zooming available in that mode though...
    02-22-12 01:56 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD