Just curious to see how everyones battery life is so far? I just bought my pb yesterday and I have to admit that I'm not impressed with battery life so far. It seems as though I'm burning through battery MUCH quicker than my original iPad. Please don't flame, as I love this thing, just not impressed with the battery in comparison to what I had been using. I have gmail set uo to push and that's about it as far as background apps (that I know of anyway). Are there any hidden battery saving tricks I should know about? Appreciate the response ahead of time.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 07:58 PM
    Just curious to see how everyones battery life is so far? I just bought my pb yesterday and I have to admit that I'm not impressed with battery life so far. It seems as though I'm burning through battery MUCH quicker than my original iPad. Please don't flame, as I love this thing, just not impressed with the battery in comparison to what I had been using. I have gmail set uo to push and that's about it as far as background apps (that I know of anyway). Are there any hidden battery saving tricks I should know about? Appreciate the response ahead of time.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    You bought your pb yesteday, that means you paid half of the price of he ipad...aren't you atleast getting half as much battery life...so why comain
    I bought mine when price was ranging from 500 to 700 and still can't.edit my browser favorites after a year
    02-21-12 08:08 PM
    I was running the beta, havent noticed a difference in battery life. Our lab's main monitor went down and I was remoting it and using my playbook as a monitor all day O.o
    02-21-12 08:10 PM
    You bought your pb yesteday, that means you paid half of the price of he ipad...aren't you atleast getting half as much battery life...so why comain
    I bought mine when price was ranging from 500 to 700 and still can't.edit my browser favorites after a year
    damn man, you got some faith in RIM
    02-21-12 08:20 PM
    It's to soon to determine an accurate battery analogy. Like all updates on all BlackBerry it has to settle. Give it a week or so when the newness where's off and usage goes back to normal
    02-21-12 08:28 PM
    It's to soon to determine an accurate battery analogy. Like all updates on all BlackBerry it has to settle. Give it a week or so when the newness where's off and usage goes back to normal
    Yea , that's what I'm hoping. It was like that with android as well. On a side note, its so nice to be back to blackberry. Loving my 9930 and loving this pb as well!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-21-12 08:32 PM
    Drain it the whole way, then charge it fully, then test how long it keeps a charge for. I found after doing this I am seeing better battery life.
    02-21-12 08:34 PM
    downloaded and installed os2.0 at around 9am before work. used my playbook all day excessively, and just plugged it in at 36%, and its now 6:30pm
    02-21-12 08:38 PM
    If you turn the screen brightness way down it will help conserve the battery as well.
    02-21-12 08:40 PM
    Drain it the whole way, then charge it fully, then test how long it keeps a charge for. I found after doing this I am seeing better battery life.
    Draining a battery completely is a sure fire way to reduce its lifespan.

I too am noticing a reduction in battery life, and this occurred with the first couple of beta releases as well.
    My battery would drain whilst in standby and still is, so I switched back to 1.07/1.08 at the time and my battery life returned to what I consider "normal".
    The ipad battery life is somewhat better than the PB but only by about an hour from the reviews I have read.
    02-21-12 08:44 PM
    I agree, regularly depleting the battery is bad, bad, bad. Do it once in a blue moon, to give the battery meter some semblance of accuracy---but get in the habit of keeping it above 50%.

Although a bit early to make any conclusions about 2.0, I seem to be draining about 12% per hour. Not much different than under 1.0.
    Last edited by dugggggg; 02-21-12 at 09:16 PM.
    02-21-12 09:01 PM
    I have just realized that the battery indicator is now rather innacurate on my Playbook. I lost almost 10% of a charge while doing some minor tasks which certainly seemed excessive. When I plugged it in, however, I realized I needed it to check something online, and unplugged it and the battery meter was already reading 100%. Somehow I don't think that even the most rapid of rapid chargers will give you back 10% in a couple minutes. It is at least possible the power consumption is not as high as you think. Just something to consider....
    02-21-12 09:33 PM
    I charged last night, and my PlayBook is now down to 84% this morning -- without use. Email and calendar polling is set to manual, but it looks like something is draining battery in standby at an alarming rate. I didn't have this problem with the 2.0 beta build.
    02-23-12 10:11 AM
    :::

For all having Batt High lost problem, Please try,
    Make sure all Wifi & Bluetooth turn off before standby
    & post the Result again.

Mine is ~ 3-6% last for 8-12 hrs when standby,
    No Bridge install because I don't use BB phone at all.

I use PlayBook as a stand alone Tablet, so I like QNX v2...!

:::
    02-23-12 10:18 AM
    Couldn't you use an existing thread talking about battery life instead of opening a new one?? I mean Geeeeezzz!!!
    Barljo and FSeverino like this.
    02-23-12 10:35 AM
    Fully drained mine yesterday...then charged fully. Used the pb fir about 30 minutes, battery dropped maybe 10%, this morning though, after only 7 hours on standby, battery was down to 25%.

I assume more is running in the background with os2 than before....eg message syncing etc...

My bluetooth was off, but wifi on....but definitely slot shorter battery life with the is upgrade.
    02-24-12 06:23 AM
    The problem most likely to exist if you are using bridge along with native apps. Try to disable calendar sync and make sure synching is set to manual.
    02-24-12 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD