BlackBerry� Tablet OS v1.0.6 | Invitation to Participate

Hello,

On behalf of Research In Motion�, we are pleased to tell you about an exclusive Preview Program focused on providing developers a chance to test their applications on BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.6.

The goal of this program is to ensure that your AIR 2.7 and Flash 10.3 applications are optimized and ready for the BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.6 release. Please read this entire notice, as it contains key information about your participation in this program.

Next Steps

If you are interested in participating, please complete the following applicable steps:

Existing Beta Zone Member (New Member skip ahead to B):

1. Log into your Beta Zone account. Select under �My Programs� � BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.6 Preview
    2. Accept the Program Terms and Conditions
    3. Update your BlackBerry PlayBook PIN found under the Technology tab of your Profile, located near the top left of the page

New Beta Zone Member

1. If you are new to Beta Zone, we have created an account for you. Simply visit www.blackberry.com/beta. Use your email address and choose Forgot Password. Follow the instructions to set your new password.
    2. Select under �My Programs� � BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.6 Preview
    3. Accept the Program Terms and Conditions
    4. Update your BlackBerry PlayBook PIN found under the Technology tab of your Profile, located near the top left of the page.

Your feedback is crucial to the success of the BlackBerry PlayBook!

This program is only available to a select group of BlackBerry PlayBook developers; as such we are very interested in hearing your comments and experiences. Since the program will remain open for approximately 1 week, it is crucial to submit all issues and feedback in a timely manner. Please use the programs discussion boards and share your experiences with us. RIM moderators will review all of your suggestions and provide support for any issues. Your feedback will be considered for inclusion in the 1.0.6 release.
    Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to working with you on this release!

Sincerely,

BlackBerry Beta Zone Team
    If you have any further questions, please email us at [email protected].

*To view the terms and conditions click here. 2011 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry, RIM, Research In Motion�, SureType, SurePress� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. Subject to RIM's Privacy Policy, which can be found here, if you no longer wish to participate in BlackBerry Beta Zone, please click here.
    Last edited by rroyy; 06-13-11 at 03:37 PM.
    06-13-11 01:01 PM
    Saweet!!!!!
    06-13-11 01:02 PM
    Uhm... *signs up as PlayBook developer*
    06-13-11 01:03 PM
    Could it be time for the Android player?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-11 01:09 PM
    Damn that post is such a tease. So much information yet so little.
    06-13-11 01:14 PM
    So can any beta zone members install this? I'm a beta zone member but at work. Or is this some developers special zone?

06-13-11 01:17 PM
    So can any beta zone members install this? I'm a beta zone member but at work. Or is this some developers special zone?
    The email said developers, perhaps some users will get it too, but I'd suspect not many or we'd have seen the forums exploding now with people saying they got it.
    06-13-11 01:19 PM
    We may finally get to see Machinarium on the Playbook now.
    06-13-11 01:20 PM
    OMG OMG update 1.0.5.2342 downloading right now!!!!! It's only 5mb too, guys!!!!!!! I bet it has android and native email!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Mojoski and tramline like this.
    06-13-11 01:22 PM
    I've had PB user in my profile since 4/19, plus I'm pretty since some of the RIM moderator's know who I am, and I did not get picked. I doubt any regular users are gonna get picked. Pretty sure this is VERY limited and for developers only, BUT it also looks like it's gonna roll out quickly too. I don't think it's Android yet, this appears to be a flash update to 10.3. BUT you never know. I wouldn't count on Android yet, or the BB app player.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    06-13-11 01:25 PM
    interesting. i hope someone from that beta group chimes in.
    06-13-11 01:29 PM
    I'm assuming rroyy, you will have access to the beta version?
    06-13-11 01:29 PM
    rroyy just knows things, we don't ask questions!
    06-13-11 01:32 PM
    I find it much more important that the time window is only 1 week.

so we can expect the update next week to arrive. And obviously it will change a lot 'under the hood'.

I hope for the best...
    06-13-11 01:43 PM
    Well we know the update will have flash 10.3 for sure. My guess is that Native e-mail, calendar, etc will also be included too as this is the biggest complaint by people and probably a key thing from getting some people to jump on board. Hopefully they'll spill some info on the earnings call this Thursday on what we can expect soon. They'll have to give some positive news as I think the news on the phone front is going to be disappointing.
    06-13-11 01:54 PM
    How fresh is the source? Looks like we could see an update on the 19th
    06-13-11 01:55 PM

so we can expect the update next week to arrive. And obviously it will change a lot 'under the hood'.

I hope for the best...
    Hmmm, I'm not quite sure that's correct. I figure they would allow one week for developers to test their applications and give feedback, and however long it takes RIM to fix any issues based on feedback. So 1 week + fix time.
    06-13-11 01:57 PM
    How fresh is the source? Looks like we could see an update on the 19th
    Doubt it the email is dated the 13th then a week to beta test that will be the 20th. Then a week at the least to review the feedback and make changes if needed. So the 27th at the earliest would be my best guess.
    06-13-11 02:03 PM

I hope for the best...
    If we get three updates in under two weeks, I'm going to be giddy - and giddy is not a state that I'm in that often.
    06-13-11 02:04 PM
    Anyone in the program? If so please be a savior and tell us what's changed! Thanks
    06-13-11 02:12 PM
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A 1 week beta isn't a lot but it would seem like a gold release is imminent.

I hope for the best...
    06-13-11 02:16 PM
    Will it really take RIM a week to troubleshoot any issues? I mean, aren't they just a middle man here? Adobe released these version a short while ago.

I know nothing about it, I'm just curious.

06-13-11 02:18 PM
    When was this e-mail sent out?

I am hoping for some improvements beyoned Flash and AIR.

Leaks are appreciated.
    06-13-11 02:25 PM
    When was this e-mail sent out?

I am hoping for some improvements beyoned Flash and AIR.

Leaks are appreciated.
    Says it in the pic rroy posted today the 13th
    06-13-11 02:26 PM
    looking forward to see any update from those developers.
    06-13-11 02:29 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD