CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PlayBook OS Download/Install

I want to revert back to an older OS or reinstall my current OS. Where can I download different OS's and how can I install them? Desktop Manager doesn't let you do this. Once you've installed the latest OS there's nothing else you can do. No wipe and reinstall or revert back options....

Can anyone give some info on this process or even a link?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me
    Taylor Byrnes

Check out my apps in BlackBerry World - Developer of Memo Pad, VLC Remote, and more
    Z10 Limited Edition + Dev Alpha C + PlayBook
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

I have yet to see the PB OS installed any other way, than OTA.
    You are out of luck at the moment, in terms of a desktop OS d/l and install.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You'll need to hold the power and the volume (up and down) button down. Its going to ask you if you want to shut-down stand by or restart (do none of the above) keep holding down the keys. Once it turns off plug it up to DM on your computer and you'll be prompted to retry, update or cancel; choose update and follow the prompts.

"Long Live The PlayBook"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts

Just opened up my playbook, hooked up to home wifi. Took me a few minutes to type in my settings and then it downloaded OS 1.08 over the air, 360 or so MB, took 15-20 min, then 5 min to install and now updated! It was a breeze. No problems at all. Why do other people have so many issues? I wonder if they even own a Playbook or just want to bash it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by edyb View Post
    Why do other people have so many issues?
    A lot of the problems are wireless router related. These router problems come and go depending on the OS version.