Hey,

I wanted to start off by saying i'm a loyal BB user an thoroughly enjoy my 9800 and PB.

I have a unique mission that i'm not even sure if its possible. I want to either develop an app or tweak the current OS.... But basically I want to have control on what applications can run, like as an administrator. So for example, let's say I want just the browser and music to be accessible. Maybe the playbook is already capable of this and I don't even know? Or maybe there's an app already?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    12-02-12 04:07 AM
    I'd be interested in this answer - for use as a way to limit kids to a specific folder for games, etc.
    12-02-12 04:13 AM
    In App World there 2 apps that may be what you are looking for. "My File Manager" and "File Browser".

There is also an older thread here.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...olders-626251/
    12-02-12 07:09 AM
    I do not believe what you want is currently possible - the OS does not permit 3rd party apps to control other 3rd party apps. As indicated, you can hide files and folders using an app.

Your only two alternatives are deleting the apps on a temporary basis or hoping you can hide them in a folder and hide that folder on one of the "side" panels you can create off to the right (or left)
    12-02-12 10:08 AM
    Are you talking about a type of parental control?
    12-02-12 10:10 AM
    What if we had access to a type of BlackBerry Balance that rather than separating personal/work, we could create a "user A" / "user B" type separation. Could function as a type of parental control, but could also function as a customer/registrant type handover where you allow others to respond or fill forms but without full access. Or many other uses.
    12-02-12 10:50 AM
    Are you talking about a type of parental control?
    It could be that. It could also be "I'd let you see my pb but first I want to lock you out of my email or Memo pad or......" So, just general control of what apps can run or not.

edited to add: I see Doc and I are on the same path!
    anon(3310921) and DocDRM like this.
    12-02-12 10:55 AM