how does this work i.e do u lose everything on the pb also is it worth doing or just wait till the official update
    01-06-12 05:42 AM
    I've tried it and you don't lose everything unless you wipe first. Its worth it if you want to check out some of the different features or side load android app but I reverted back to OS 1 and will wait for the official.
    01-06-12 07:23 AM
    you gain access to some android apps and you lose access to fe you tube, so unless you are really into those android apps, i would not bother. in fact i downgraded to the standard version and patiently wait.......perhaps the beta has improved in the meantime so that you can access you tube again......
    01-06-12 07:54 AM
    Youtube works fine on OS2.0.0.6149. Haven't tried the youTube app because it sucks compaired to the website.
    Al_K likes this.
    01-06-12 08:05 AM
    The YouTube apps works as well on 2.0.0.6149
    01-06-12 08:33 AM
    I've found OS 2 to be quite stable.
    The only thing I've found an issue with is streaming audio seems to work great on a G with WEP security router and not so well on a N with WPA2 security router. Anyone else notice this?
    01-06-12 08:36 AM
    Nothing negative to say about 2.0.0.6149. Its been stellar! Well worth it, the UI is just so cleaner and having the ability to create folders makes it really easy to find apps and organize your homescreens. Not to mention the browser is faster and the entire bridge system seems to be more stable. its just a solid build. Makes me feel good about the coming update.

Only downside that ive found is videochat does not work. (which i didnt use anyway so i guess i have no downsides for this OS. :-) )
    Al_K likes this.
    01-06-12 11:25 AM
    Does all YouTube and angry birds work etc.
    01-06-12 04:12 PM
    Nothing negative to say about 2.0.0.6149. Its been stellar! Well worth it, the UI is just so cleaner and having the ability to create folders makes it really easy to find apps and organize your homescreens. Not to mention the browser is faster and the entire bridge system seems to be more stable. its just a solid build. Makes me feel good about the coming update.

Only downside that ive found is videochat does not work. (which i didnt use anyway so i guess i have no downsides for this OS. :-) )
    You say the bridge is system seems to be more stable. More stable than stock or more stable than previous versions of beta?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 04:45 PM
    what about flash? ive read many posts saying it is unstable on most current beta of os 2. this is what has held me back from trying it out.
    01-06-12 05:17 PM
    what about flash? ive read many posts saying it is unstable on most current beta of os 2. this is what has held me back from trying it out.
    I don't have, and never issues with Flash. That doesn't mean that issues dont exist though. I just haven't encoutered them.
    01-06-12 06:23 PM
    Keep in mind that what is posted is a development beta, not a public beta. So it may not be as stable as you expect and may give unexpected results for you. It is intended for developers and hobbyists who don't mind tinkering and wiping and reinstalling the OS.

You may want to wait until next week when RIM is at CES. There are rumors that they will be showing OS2 and this may result in an updated or public release beta version available next week.
    01-06-12 06:28 PM
    You say the bridge is system seems to be more stable. More stable than stock or more stable than previous versions of beta?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    I know the question was not directed at me, but I will offer my opinion since it seems that your question has gone un-noticed.

Certainly much better than previous beta versions.
    Seems a fraction of a second behind the stock version (just did a comparison between mine running beta and my wifes, not using beta). Only difference in speed was bridge browser, on mine it loaded the app slower, but the sites MUCH faster, but that's likely because the 9810 is 4G.

Note that the two phones are different, so im not sure if that makes a difference. I use a Torch 9810 on AT&T and she uses a Torch 9850 on Verizon.

Additionally, bridge files seems to be missing from mine.

I hope that helps.
    01-06-12 06:38 PM
    The latest beta has Flash 11.1.121.4 and AIR 3.1.0.8.

The latest 1.0.8 has Flash 11.1.122.4 and AIR 3.1.0.20.

Seems like Flash 11.1 and AIR 3.1 are works in progress, with changes still being made to tweak them. Not surprising then if there are still some issues to sort out.
    01-06-12 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD