I have an error with DM I can't restore from my backup and I make a security wipe and dm say that I have os 1.0 and I have 2.0 beta 1 please help me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-11 06:08 AM
    If you are using beta software go to the official BlackBerry forums and seek assistance. These posts about beta products make some people think the BlackBerry PlayBook is not stable, not usable, not user friendly. If you using beta software, you takes your chances with your device and potentially your life depending upon the product. Happy Thanksgiving to US members of the forum.
    11-24-11 06:18 AM
    Great dude I'm going to do that

11-24-11 06:23 AM
    Though your description isn't clear as to what you want to do, here are a couple things to keep in mind.

You cannot restore your 1.07 backups to the beta.

A downgrade from the beta to 1.07 cannot be done until 24hrs after you submitted your pin to the Playbook beta. Inside of the 24hrs, you will keep getting the 2.0 bera pushed to your Playbook.
    11-24-11 06:47 AM
    I have an error with DM I can't restore from my backup and I make a security wipe and dm say that I have os 1.0 and I have 2.0 beta 1 please help me

Funny samething happen to me last night. I was going to come to cb for assistant but didn't see anything in the search.

What I did to fix it was revert back to 1.7. With 1.7 installed i attempted to restore, but was alerted to update my software. so I I went to the dev website, put in my pin, updatted back to 2.0. And voila was able to backup and restore.

Hope that helps.
    11-24-11 06:48 AM
    I don't want to downgrade I just want to restore from a backup but DM say that I have os 1.0 and I have osa 2

11-24-11 06:55 AM
    I'm going to do that

11-24-11 06:57 AM
    You prbably won't be able to restore from your backup. if you wiped it and reupdate to 2.0 the backup for an earlier 2.0 WILL NOT WORK with a newer revision on 2.0.

This has been posted around the forums. Bestthing to do is to revert back to 1.0.7, i know you dont want to do this, but your going to have to. reupdate to 2.0 again and start fresh.

YOU should NOTbe using the beta if you want to keep all your apps and files in proper working order. I spent 5 hours last night getting my PlayBook back to the point where android apps run again, in the process lost everything on my PlayBook and started new.

YOU should have forseen this happenning, so I have no sympathy for you. Don't use the 2.0 DEVELOPER BETA if you don't know what you're doing. Kthnxbye.
    11-24-11 07:34 AM
    Thanks I spend like 12 hours my internet is slow but I don't care I like to doo this stuff and install beta and developer update

11-24-11 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD