With BB10 devices coming in Sept/Oct BB10 OS update should be sometime Oct/Nov time frame and OS 2.1 sometime Late July/early August time frame
    06-22-12 01:17 PM
    It will be here when it gets here as it has in the past...and not a second before. I'm not holding my breath cuz RIM has a failure to deliver within a projected timeframe problem. Until then, nothing to do but wait (and all the speculation won't change a thing but probably does help pass the time for those with nothing better to do).
    06-22-12 02:23 PM
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. And a watched pot never boils.
    06-22-12 02:30 PM
    I dont get the holdup at all though. I've been on the dev beta 2.1 for a while now and I have had zero issues. The browser never crashed, apps run great, android multitasking is phenomenal, and bridge is smooth. The holdup leads me to believe they are either having trouble with sms over bridge, or they are adding some other really big features.
    Kyle27 likes this.
    06-22-12 02:32 PM
    I won't split hairs, in so far as trying to ascertain what summer rim referred to (remember the "fiscal" vs "calender" q1 launch date of the playbook?)

The thing a wise man would do Is recall that rim hasn't made a deadline in years... So why are all of you listening to release dates with a serious ear now?
    They did when they officially said 2.0 would come in the end of Feb, back in October. That was the first and only deadline under the new management.
    bribert likes this.
    06-22-12 02:34 PM
    These tiny incremental updates with little to no gusto aren't worth waiting for. I am enjoying my Playbook as is, and am not holding my breath for anything monumental. I love my PB over my iPad and Android tablet. But its shortcomings are its shortcomings.. RIM isn't running to change that.
    CairnsRock likes this.
    06-22-12 05:43 PM
    Nah, as a bb10 user since 2002 I'd say RIM doesn't need any help in the "failed promise" department
    I am going to hope that was a typo when you said bb10 since I 2002. Lol

On topic:

As much as I like reading about how well the new os is, I can wait as should the rest of the impatient folks should as well.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    06-22-12 07:27 PM
    Software update not working on PB as of 10PM tonight. I wonder if they're preparing for the distribution of a new version come Monday.

"There was an error connecting to the update server. Please try again later. (65792)"

Anyone else getting this?
    06-22-12 09:57 PM
    I am also getting that error. One could only hope they are getting something ready
    06-22-12 10:06 PM
    Now I'm getting error 0.
    06-22-12 11:30 PM
    Same here.. error 0
    06-23-12 12:23 AM
    No - RIM is headquartered in Canada. 'Summer' in Canada is typically the last week of July and the 1st two weeks of August... so that's when we will see it released!
    Not sure what part of Canada you are from, but JUNE is summer!
    06-23-12 12:47 AM
    All I can say is HOLY CRAP! It's one day into summer and you think you are due something? Calm down, be patient, it will come soon enough...
    Yeah and on 01/07/2012 he will say the latter part of 2012 has begun where is the first BB10 phone.
    06-23-12 01:12 PM
    My sources told me that 2.1 will be available when O.J finds the real killer.
    06-23-12 01:20 PM
    MY sources tell me O.J. has found the killer.
    06-23-12 01:24 PM
    For me official 2.1 is not really important, haven't had any problems with the beta
    06-23-12 01:46 PM
    I can't wait. bring on bridge texting!!!
    06-23-12 01:52 PM
    Sometimes in July with the 4g pb, I'd be more specific but my source was laid off recently
    Was the layoff of your source a result of leaking confidential information?

Apple is very good at "laying off" such people.
    06-23-12 02:33 PM
    My Software Updates is working normally....with nothing available.

I'd like to see the browser work faster and a few other things, but I'm pretty happy with my PB as it is. One thing...how about an email waiting icon that actually opens your email with one touch, instead of saying, AFTER you touch it..."Tap here to open"...
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    06-23-12 05:20 PM
    No - RIM is headquartered in Canada. 'Summer' in Canada is typically the last week of July and the 1st two weeks of August... so that's when we will see it released!
    Yep, eh. .
    06-23-12 05:52 PM
    Software update not working on PB as of 10PM tonight. I wonder if they're preparing for the distribution of a new version come Monday.

"There was an error connecting to the update server. Please try again later. (65792)"

Anyone else getting this?
    Ya, I was trying to do a wipe and reinstall and it was freaking me out. I thought I'd really messed something up. LOL.
    06-23-12 05:54 PM
    Was the layoff of your source a result of leaking confidential information?

Apple is very good at "laying off" such people.
    Yep, that's it. Has nothing to do with rim's current woes or anything...
    06-23-12 06:49 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD