- 02-18-2013, 12:22 PM #176
< I am so ******* pissed! This idiotic update seems to have broken my camera. Tried a security wipe, various resets and nothing works. The Video Chat tells me the camera is being used by another application when there's absolutely 0 apps running, and the Camera app displays a black screen and gives me the dreaded error.4003 picture. I'm about to throw this thing as hard as I can on the wall. Way to go BlackBerry! >
There has been a very nasty bug brought forward and apparently Blackberry has not addressed it yet. This happened to me (and many others) when I upgraded to .668 last year. The good news is that they will fix it for free even out of warranty. Call for an RMA, be nice on the phone. It is a well known issue. They fixed mine... 5 day turnaround
I have not upgraded to the latest and am VERY glad to know this bug is still there. I will wait for BB10.
- 02-18-2013, 04:51 PM #180Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob THE WORLD...
- 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM #181
- CrackBerry User
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM #184
- 32 Posts
Playbook OS 18.104.22.1686 update, share your findings!
The issue has to do with the camera itself as I understand it. I read that the earlier released playbooks used different camera hardware, that didn't play well with later updates, hence the out of warranty replacements. How old is your PB? I have to say that if it happened to me I would be pissed too, and checked my cameras after the update/previous updates after reading the forum.
In a lot of tablets/phones the camera hardware is a funky thing, Chinese chip makers may have changed specs midstream without notice to the OEM's. I have a Viewsonic gTab and the ROM makers still have not solved the cam issues.....
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM #186
- 4 Posts
I updated my playbook to 22.214.171.1246 and now are having problems in downloading apps from BB World. The apps come up with permission to access the playbook for the download. I tried changing the date, turning off/on wifi and rebooting. I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-20-2013, 12:21 PM #187
- 312 Posts
I am having problems with video chat. First I got "cannot connect to server". I restarted my playbook and thought it was fixed. Did one chat with my sister. Now when I call her I get "call failed" instantly. And a restart isn't fixing it. Haven't updated my other playbook and it connects fine. Anyone else? Have to admit I haven't read the entire thread. But I did search and didn't find anything. Will probably call tech support soon if no way to resolve is found.
- 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM #190
- 02-20-2013, 08:31 PM #192
Still waiting from Rogers for my FREAKING LTE version to be updated....... WTF rogers.New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
On Rogers Service
"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
- 02-21-2013, 07:27 AM #194
- 02-21-2013, 10:48 AM #196
- 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM #198Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
- 02-21-2013, 11:14 AM #199
- By mufc_Nick.C_mufc in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 23Last Post: 03-10-2013, 07:18 AM
- By pey in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OSReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
- By Garz in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 640Last Post: 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM
- By ausch in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 153Last Post: 08-09-2009, 03:32 AM
- By doomed in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 64Last Post: 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM