- CrackBerry User
02-14-13, 11:53 AM #54
- 10 Posts
Hey, Blackberry. How about including a password manager in the browser. I'm sick of having to hunt down passwords for some sites because the browser doesn't retain them. I mean it's not a lot to ask for, all the best browsers have this feature.
- 02-14-13, 01:04 PM #57
- 02-14-13, 01:20 PM #58
Can anyone help me with the updating? My Playbook cannot contact the update server over wifi ("Could not connect to the update server - check your network connection settings"), yet my wifi works perfectly, my Playbook is fully charged and on its charging stand. If I connect it to my PC, the desktop software detects and is starting to download the update, but why won't my Playbook detect and install updates without being plugged in to my PC? As said, my wifi is working fine on the Playbook - I can purchase apps, receive emails, browse the net etc, so I'm not sure why I'm having this problem.
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-14-13, 02:55 PM #61
- 3 Posts
I read somewhere that OS10 needs 2GB of RAM to be happy. That would make it a no-go on the PlayBook.
My only real grip with the PlayBook is the simplistic music player. I'm looking for a better alternative with convenient jump lists and capacity for multiple playlists. I don't know what's out there yet.
- 02-14-13, 03:02 PM #62
Unless the person who wrote the post was a software engineer at BlackBerry and designed the OS memory management and established the minimum system requirements, take it with a grain of salt.
- CrackBerry User
02-14-13, 03:14 PM #63
- 32 Posts
I'm too paranoid to update until I hear more feedback and pros/cons. What I'm really scared of is the breaking of bridge functionality. There are links all over the place including lots of discussion on the forums here.
BB10 Bridge Functionality Will Be Restored Gradually
If the playbook, when it goes to BB10, can't fully bridge with all current functionality to a BB7 phone (Yes my company got them for free so I'm stuck with one) then the horrible situation below will have come to fruition.
1. Waited for a year for BB10, oh glorious OS of OS's
2. Held my breath waiting to see if they'd release BB10 in January for playbook
3. Disappointment at not getting it
4. Happy when an announcement comes out that BB10 will be coming to playbook
5. Sooooo bumbed when I heard the bridge debacle
6. Horrible realization that if bridge is broken if I go to BB10 on my playbook that I can't upgrade to the OS I've been dreaming about for over a year
7. Cold sick feeling in my belly when I realize my wife will have BB10 on her playbook while I'm stuck in the old OS to maintain my bridge functionality (THE HORROR!!!)
Love to love you,
Todd (aka Troll)
- 02-14-13, 04:14 PM #66
Well my findings so far have been one heck of an amazing trip to the amazon all the way back to the mississippi river.
I found out its gone missing in action for the LTE version and now my playbook is howling in pain and suffering from the abuse Rogers has denied so far to allow it to have acces to download this update.
- 02-14-13, 04:40 PM #69
Re: Playbook OS 220.127.116.116 update, share your findings!
I was hoping they would fix the ability to add attendees for gmail in the calendar.
Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
- 02-14-13, 05:19 PM #72
It raises a question about spec and resources, it doesn't mean there is an issue. A subtle, perhaps, yet poignant difference.
As to the music player, it does have the capacity for multiple playlists - I've several playlists on my PlayBook, that the stock music player sees and is quite happy with them all.
- 02-14-13, 05:22 PM #73
EDIT: my 16Gb downloaded and overtook the 64Gb installation, so the 64Gb was definitely stuck. I pulled the plug and forced it into a restart. It's now downloaded the update over wifi and is installing it, so problem solved.
Last edited by Bad Whippet; 02-14-13 at 06:02 PM.
- 02-14-13, 05:30 PM #74
Is anyone having problems with the Docs To Go application now that they installed the update? I can't open any of the docs or create any new ones. The only function that works is the excel portion. Any ideas on how to fix?
- CrackBerry User
02-14-13, 06:29 PM #75
- 31 Posts
Hi. I think the volume boost is not a boost at all. Only added a warning when exceeding the recomended volume using headphones. Just like many mp3 players or other phones get that warning.
If i remember correctly i could listen to music at beatport.com now i can't. Traxsource.com is working fine and both are in html5.
- By mufc_Nick.C_mufc in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 23Last Post: 03-10-13, 06:18 AM
- By pey in forum BlackBerry PlayBook OSReplies: 2Last Post: 03-06-12, 06:56 PM
- By Garz in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 640Last Post: 02-24-10, 12:43 PM
- By ausch in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 153Last Post: 08-09-09, 02:32 AM
- By doomed in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 64Last Post: 03-12-09, 01:24 PM