Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rotorwrench
  • 1 Post By SEAWARRIOR
  • 1 Post By rdonnelly
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook OS 2.1.0.1314 new features share your findings!!

Hi,

I received the new 2.1.0.1314 software update this morning but cannot find anything new coming with it, share your findings!!!

Thanks.
    sent from Nicks Playbook
    Thanked by:
    tommyv (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,961 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it

Glad to but there's already been two other threads started on this. Maybe we should just stick with one thread.
    There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
    derob882 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

upgrade has bricked my playbook! :cry:
    CrackBerry Addict

Did you have enough charge when you upgraded?
    In any case, you can connect with Desktop Manager on PC and upgrade the software.
    CrackBerry Addict

The latest update seems to have fixed STELLARIUM!
    CrackBerry Genius

my update went quickly, seamless with no issues,,, i did a wipe then went w/ the OTA,,, not much time spent evaluating it yet but it does seem snappier all around & even CRACKBERRY LOADS W/ NO CHECKERBOARDING!!! sign in still takes forever tho,,, noticed a small visual change to homescreen folders,,, they now have a corner w/ a kind of leather desk blotter look,,, locked native wallpapers are gone & i'm ok w/ that,,, i always ditch them,,, battery seems better but i need to spend some time gaming to be sure,,, so far so good overall...

EDIT: CHECKERBOARDING IS BACK...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-22-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

9850+PlayBook=WIN!!!
    dkcustom likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi. I updated os the other day on playbook, seems to disconnect from Internet, even though it says it is connected. I had this problem before with the os previous to the last one. Is there any way to go back?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

It seems to have speeded up, but not like it used to be before the Oct 2012 update made it crawl.
    1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,026 Global Posts

Netflix is now preinstalled and works flawlessly and also supports 1080p streaming. My playbook is now complete!!
    Welcome back Jets!

GO JETS GO!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rdonnelly View Post
    It seems to have speeded up, but not like it used to be before the Oct 2012 update made it crawl.
    I spoke to soon, it is back to crawling.
    1st BB 7100i > 2nd BB Bold 9930+16GB Playbook > Bye Bye to all my BB hardware>Hello S4 Galaxy, big enough to replace the PB and a great phone as well>Android of course.................
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by luqman24 View Post
    Netflix is now preinstalled and works flawlessly and also supports 1080p streaming. My playbook is now complete!!
    ??????

Quote Originally Posted by rob80PB View Post
    ??????
    Joke - NOT for real.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Joke - NOT for real.
    I assumed that but stranger things have happened.
    FWIW, out of curiosity I did try the android "Netflix" after the update, no go.
    CrackBerry User

So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.

It confounds me that BB is incapable of releasing a stable product so close to the actual release of BB10.

On a side note, the software version right before 2.1.0.1314 was in fact the only version I've ever had that gave me no problems at all. It was the only version that had a flawless android player, where my calander opened without giving an error and where my device never spontaneously restarted. Can I have it back, please???
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1314 new features share your findings!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacques.zeefenbergen View Post
    So, after updating none of my android apps work. These are mostly apps from the BB App Store, but some were sideloaded, too. None work. Selecting an app does nothing, and selecting it again opens the Android player, at which point the Playbook freezes.

Do not tellme to reinstall the OS or do a wipe - It is rediculous to expect users to wipe/reinstall the OS every other month. I no longer put anything important on my PB (which defeats the purpose of having one), because I know it will have to be wiped/reinstalled regularly.

It confounds me that BB is incapable of releasing a stable product so close to the actual release of BB10.

On a side note, the software version right before 2.1.0.1314 was in fact the only version I've ever had that gave me no problems at all. It was the only version that had a flawless android player, where my calander opened without giving an error and where my device never spontaneously restarted. Can I have it back, please???
    I was just about to rant about the same issue. I've hard booted my pb more time today than ever before...I've never been so dissappointed that while bb10 looks to be the best thing invented since sliced bread, sliced bread isn't as appealing if the brand is known for serving its customers a loaf of moldy.... wtf!!?

people have been complaining of the same issues for 3 months now, no one seems to have a solution or a work around. day in day out, same questions posted by yet another who's been force fed the " stale baggette,"... and then... only told... "its french, so its supposed to be stale and molded"... wtf?

anywho I looove bb, so I'm not gonna call em out just yet. not when a simple reboot and ur back online..lol its bb. just be glad we don't have to pull a battery to reboot the pb lol.

*****someone fix this sh*t for reeeeeeal!******
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
    Thanked by:
    jacques.zeefenbergen (12-23-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

My WiFi connection hasn't dropped once yet since the update. To be honest, I found previous updates buggy but this version is working absolutely fine (so far)...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard79 View Post
    My WiFi connection hasn't dropped once yet since the update. To be honest, I found previous updates buggy but this version is working absolutely fine (so far)...
    lol that's cuz the droids taking control of some other part of ur system lol...but for real... it freaks me out, how am I supposed to know if its not secretly recording conversations around me...or watching..and snap shotting me on a reg basis.. when the computer starts to do its own thinking, I start to worry.....
    , ......don't forget...skynet became aware on april 19th, 2011... roflmao
    CrackBerry Abuser

sorry just using some good humor in place of frustration...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luqman24 View Post
    Are you referring to this? Buy Flix - Download Flix - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World You need to be tethered to your PC.

Are you referring to this? Buy Flix - Download Flix - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World You need to be tethered to your PC.
    It was a joke.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.140 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    It was a joke.
    OK, all kidding aside, another Mint user

Using LMDE myself.

OK back to the topic............
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

According to the source, this is what you get from the update:

BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US
    Software update v2.1.0.1314Dec. 19, 2012
    Includes the following updates for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

Resolved an issue where some users were unable to make in-app payments
    Updated the Text Messages app so that the latest SMS received appears at the top of the conversation list
    Fixed an issue where some users were unable to play MPEG-4 video
    Thanked by:
    adi_vastava (12-26-2012) 
    adi_vastava likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

According to the source, this is what you get from the update:

BlackBerry PlayBook OS Updates - PlayBook Software Support - US
    Software update v2.1.0.1314Dec. 19, 2012
    Includes the following updates for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

Resolved an issue where some users were unable to make in-app payments
    Updated the Text Messages app so that the latest SMS received appears at the top of the conversation list
    Fixed an issue where some users were unable to play MPEG-4 video
    thanks for the heads up, I could finally bought all slams in stick tennis.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had to wipe all data recently, after that I reinstalled the game but now it does now show slams already bought. I tried restore purchases but no success. Any idea guys.