Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 105
Like Tree65Likes
  1. Bakamushi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    it is true. with Java off playbook browser is flying.
    Ok it's javascript, not java.

    But then "turn off this and that" is an answer for the nineties.
    Thanked by:
    BB_Bmore (12-11-2012) 
  2. whitbags's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #27  

    Default

    Well I'm turning javascript off now. Will it have a noticeable effect in terms of stuff that doesn't get done?
    Thanked by:
    cjenniti (12-16-2012) 
  3. iThunderbirt's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    37 Posts
    #28  

    Default

    Edit: LOL notice I was posting about the PlayBook 4G update and this post is for the regular PlayBook. My bad!
    Last edited by Thunderbirt; 12-11-2012 at 08:33 AM.
  4. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,773 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imran.ahmed View Post
    The reason for the checker boarding is that sites are badly built, the Playbook browser is perfectly fine, sites like Crackberry need to be built better.

    They could start by combining the amount of css files in to 1 file, minifying the css, reducing the amount of http requests again, for JS, really no need for so many.
    There's no need for over 20 requests before content is even parsed by the browser!

    Sites like this remind me of Blackberry's current OS, just messy, and when something new is added its a quick and dirty little "fix", the way the "blackberry count down timer" has been implemented in the source code is a prime example.
    There have been badly built websites ever since the WWW came to be, and that's not going to change. Since that's never, ever going to change, browsers will need to be able to handle poorly coded websites better. Now since some browsers are handling those websites without too much trouble, but the PB browser checkerboards, hangs, lags, and has keyboard lag as well, then no, it is NOT perfectly fine then is it.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    F2 likes this.
  5. rover95's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #30  

    Default OS 6

    Hi,

    I have a 9800 on OS 6 bridged into my PB. I've checked for an OS update on the PB and it tells me I'm on the latest version 2.1.0.1088.

    Is this update OS 7 dependent?
    Thanked by:
    peen (12-11-2012) 
  6. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,914 Posts
    #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rover95 View Post
    Hi,

    I have a 9800 on OS 6 bridged into my PB. I've checked for an OS update on the PB and it tells me I'm on the latest version 2.1.0.1088.

    Is this update OS 7 dependent?
    Ummm... This might the update for the PlayBook (hasn't been announced or anything as of yet officially) Not a BB update, but a PB update!
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
  7. rover95's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    I'm aware it's PB update as my post clearly states. The PB still tells me 2.1.0.1088 is the latest version.
  8. bitek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,311 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    #33  

    Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by whitbags View Post
    Well I'm turning javascript off now. Will it have a noticeable effect in terms of stuff that doesn't get done?
    speed improvement is substantial. I started using back simplebrowser+. great with four fully cusotmized tab. tab 1 has java on. tab 2 has java off. works great.

    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
  9. QuIcKsIlV3r's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,914 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rover95 View Post
    I'm aware it's PB update as my post clearly states. The PB still tells me 2.1.0.1088 is the latest version.
    yes I know, but this update has NOT been announced!! It is a future update that could be coming out this week.
    Be a follower, follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/quicksilv3r
  10. gwinegarden's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I'd be happy with browser improvements personally. The checkerboarding is a little crazy on some sites...cough...crackberry...cough.
    I believe it is because sites load so much crap on the pages.
  11. rover95's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    85 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Ok fair enough.....I though it was an active release.....
  12. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    speed improvement is substantial. I started using back simplebrowser+. great with four fully cusotmized tab. tab 1 has java on. tab 2 has java off. works great.
    I bought it too, but switching between tabs takes so long, so I find myself back using the standard browser again.
  13. Jmaxim's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    PIN
    Never got one
    #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imran.ahmed View Post
    The reason for the checker boarding is that sites are badly built, the Playbook browser is perfectly fine, sites like Crackberry need to be built better.

    They could start by combining the amount of css files in to 1 file, minifying the css, reducing the amount of http requests again, for JS, really no need for so many.
    There's no need for over 20 requests before content is even parsed by the browser!

    Sites like this remind me of Blackberry's current OS, just messy, and when something new is added its a quick and dirty little "fix", the way the "blackberry count down timer" has been implemented in the source code is a prime example.
    Have seen this stated before re badly built Web sites and I almost believed it. Used to also blame my ISP, my speed is 10 Mb. However, I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 920 and with WiFi only I do not experience a problem loading these sites. I know I'm not comparing apples to apples but am working with the tools I have available to me ie the PB and the Lumia. The Lumia loads these badly built Web sites at a blazingly fast speed. Sometimes you guys speak with such authority. Am also tired of hearing how much better the PB browsers is than the competition. Honestly, using the PB browser is a very painful process.
    partizan666 and CairnsRock like this.
  14. #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    There have been badly built websites ever since the WWW came to be, and that's not going to change. Since that's never, ever going to change, browsers will need to be able to handle poorly coded websites better. Now since some browsers are handling those websites without too much trouble, but the PB browser checkerboards, hangs, lags, and has keyboard lag as well, then no, it is NOT perfectly fine then is it.
    Good points. All I can do is HOPE that these issues with loading sites is better on the coming bb10. I seriously doubt that they will be fixed or even modified in any upgrade to the current OS (if one even comes) unless it is such a simple coding oversight that a line or two of code would fix it.
  15. #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitbags View Post
    Well I'm turning javascript off now. Will it have a noticeable effect in terms of stuff that doesn't get done?
    It can affect some sites and/or actions. Sometimes dropdown menus won't respond appropriately making it hard to pick items. It depends on what the j-script was coded to do for the site. It can affect CB in some ways. You can easily turn it back on.
  16. #41  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    speed improvement is substantial. I started using back simplebrowser+. great with four fully cusotmized tab. tab 1 has java on. tab 2 has java off. works great.

    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    I do the same but TabONE is javascript OFF - so that's my main browsing tab. If I need it ON, I open TabTWO!
  17. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Good points. All I can do is HOPE that these issues with loading sites is better on the coming bb10. I seriously doubt that they will be fixed or even modified in any upgrade to the current OS (if one even comes) unless it is such a simple coding oversight that a line or two of code would fix it.
    Agreed. If they carry the playbook qnx experience into bb10, the outcome will not be good.
  18. san4berry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    #43  

    Default

    whas new with the release homies? I haven't turned on my playbook in months homies, no hbo go means no go on the playbook....can't wait for bb10 across the board...peace homies.
  19. bruce807's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    14 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    It would be nice to have my appworld account unblocked. My contacts list working and my messages working properly.
    I've only been using the playbook for a couple days so I'm still just getting familiar with it but am curious what reasons BB would block users from appworld (not that I'm super nosey, just want to make sure it doesn't happen to me).
    Thanked by:
    currygoat (12-13-2012) 
  20. BerryClever's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    543 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post
    This is not a inside BlackBerry tip. 2.1.0.1088 released day after registration info released and today registration info (PTCRB - dated DEC 3) for 2.1.0.1282 released. So this is just an inspiration...

    "OS version 2.1.0.1282 Radio version: 2.1.0.1283"
    First, apologies for going on topic :P.

    What does it mean "Radio version"? Does that mean either the wifi or the 4G version? Or does it mean that the FM radio feature will be activated?

    And back to off topic. The PB is my first BlackBerry product and I always heard great things about the browser being the fastest. I have an Android phone and the PB is much faster on the same WiFi network (PB checkerboards with the loading bar going while the Android just has a white screen with a loading bar going, but PB loads much faster). Is the PB browser actually slower than the normal BB devices I heard about?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
  21. JeepBB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,580 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts
    #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    Not having any issues with updating on 3 PBs at home and several at work. Three updates last week alone. I hope it gets fixed for you.
    It's specifically the in-app purchasing side that doesn't seem to work for many... error 30242. Seems to be a problem with some games that let you buy updates/extra levels/etc from within the game. Radiant Defence is the one that particularly bugs my son. Bla1ze posted about a month ago that they were working on the fix in 1172.
    Proud Member of the PlayBook Beta Test Team (Since June 2011)

  22. Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes's Avatar
    Waterloo's Finest

    Posts
    5,295 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,324 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    Hopefully this gives us native bbm, or bbm voice, or both.
    Phones: Nokia 5110>Nokia 3360>Siemens C56>Moto RAZR>LG Chocolate>Pearl 8100>Bold 9000 >Pearl 9100 + Bold 9900 > iPhone 4S + Z10 + Bold 9000
    Tablets: 16GB Playbook > Playbook 32GB
    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE SEXY GIRLS IN YOGA PANTS CHANNEL

    C000288CC
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
  23. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    869 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruce807 View Post
    I've only been using the playbook for a couple days so I'm still just getting familiar with it but am curious what reasons BB would block users from appworld (not that I'm super nosey, just want to make sure it doesn't happen to me).
    BB did not block my account on purpose, its a system error that they so far have been unable to fix. Its ok to ask on crackberry, thats what its all about.
    bruce807 likes this.
  24. the-elf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    106 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    PIN
    2868AE69
    #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    Good points. All I can do is HOPE that these issues with loading sites is better on the coming bb10. I seriously doubt that they will be fixed or even modified in any upgrade to the current OS (if one even comes) unless it is such a simple coding oversight that a line or two of code would fix it.
    The current PB browser is using AIR as the user interface and that is the main cause of these problems. I will bet my last penny that this will not happen at all on BB10. Air is a resource hog IMHO.
  25. Xopher's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,053 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)
    #50  

    Default

    I wonder if some of the charging problems people have been having were due to changes in .1088. Hopefully an update will help with that as well.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    ralfyguy likes this.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playbook OS 2.1 could be out very very soon
    By srivats_ in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
  2. RIM CMO Loss Could Be Good on Eve of PlayBook Launch: Analysts
    By sf49ers in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
  3. Os 6 theme of 9650 could be in 9630?
    By cristhiantapia in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630 Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
  4. 5.0 OS could be soon!T
    By mininash13 in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
  5. OS 169 could be the worst
    By Evil Sports in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions