Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 105
Like Tree65Likes
  1. rroyy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    857 Posts
    PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Exclamation Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    This is not a inside BlackBerry tip. 2.1.0.1088 released day after registration info released and today registration info (PTCRB - dated DEC 3) for 2.1.0.1282 released. So this is just an inspiration...

    "OS version 2.1.0.1282 Radio version: 2.1.0.1283"
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

    Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by 11:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    00stryder (12-11-2012),  antiRIM (12-11-2012),  bungaboy (12-10-2012),  jamesharmeling (12-11-2012),  jdgarrido (12-10-2012),  marcho11 (12-11-2012),  rotorwrench (12-10-2012),  Sansu94 (12-14-2012),  SlcCorrado (12-11-2012),  switcharoo (12-11-2012),  Toodeurep (12-10-2012) 
  2. Toodeurep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,240 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,241 Global Posts
    PIN
    Wooden Shoe Like to Know;)
    #2  

    Default

    Thanks RA! It is a small move but a welcome one when it drops.
    Nothing is so common as is the goal to be remarkable
  3. NFLPLAYBOOK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    934 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default

    Is there any real updated features that will come before BB10? I'm not expecting anything until then except bug fixes.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
  4. jamesharmeling's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,097 Posts
    PIN
    333BF5D4
    #4  

    Default

    Thanks for this tip Sir Roy. I hope it drops on my birthday: Thursday!
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
  5. D_March's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,472 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    I'd be happy with browser improvements personally. The checkerboarding is a little crazy on some sites...cough...crackberry...cough.
  6. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,679 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #6  

    Default

    Probably fixes the inability to update apps in App World.
    XoXoXo
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
  7. jamesharmeling's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,097 Posts
    PIN
    333BF5D4
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I'd be happy with browser improvements personally. The checkerboarding is a little crazy on some sites...cough...crackberry...cough.
    You have...cough...the same...cough....bad cough that I do it seems. I've gotten used to clicking on Crackberry, browsing around my Playbook and coming back after about 30 seconds.

    But I digress! I'd love to see some browser enhancements, a bridge update and....wait for it....BBM Voice for the Playbook!
    BB then, now, forever...yeah, I said it. 335039AC
    snarlybear and Mecca EL like this.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesharmeling View Post
    Thanks for this tip Sir Roy. I hope it drops on my birthday: Thursday!
    May I wish you an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    What the h3ll - HAPPY BIRTHDAY.


    edited to add: You folks really are dreaming if you think that they will tweak the Browser at this stage!
    Thanked by 2:
    CommanderElvis (12-10-2012),  jamesharmeling (12-10-2012) 
    jamesharmeling likes this.
  9. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    774 Posts
    Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesharmeling View Post
    You have...cough...the same...cough....bad cough that I do it seems. I've gotten used to clicking on Crackberry, browsing around my Playbook and coming back after about 30 seconds. But I digress! I'd love to see some browser enhancements, a bridge update and....wait for it....BBM Voice for the Playbook!
    Turn off javascript and it's really quick It also turns off some of the ads on the side which I constantly accidentally click on when trying to scroll...
    Thanked by:
    vhorst (12-12-2012) 
    vhorst and sputneek like this.
  10. mrbails's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    107 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    How is this done?
  11. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    774 Posts
    Global Posts
    854 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrbails View Post
    How is this done?
    Swipe down from top bezel when in the browser
    Tap Settings
    Tap Content
    Tap Javascript Off

    You'll lose some of the features of certain sites though, so it's not a perfect solution. But it does make a huge speed difference on many sites.
    Thanked by 2:
    Jifffer (12-15-2012),  mrbails (12-10-2012) 
  12. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post
    Probably fixes the inability to update apps in App World.
    Not having any issues with updating on 3 PBs at home and several at work. Three updates last week alone. I hope it gets fixed for you.
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  13. Techno-Emigre's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    524 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    I have been having bridge issues once a video ends. Might be some small fix. I'll take anything I can get. I am sure it isn't any big, difficult or impossible change such as being able to sync to Outlook USB. That would be too complex, too daring, too futuristic, right?
  14. AVPTI's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,679 Posts
    PIN
    Available upon request.
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
    Not having any issues with updating on 3 PBs at home and several at work. Three updates last week alone. I hope it gets fixed for you.
    Only one app gives me an issue and I've seen other threads about the issue. Believe Bla1ze started a thread about a fix a while ago.
    XoXoXo
  15. CairnsRock's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    867 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    #15  

    Default

    It would be nice to have my appworld account unblocked. My contacts list working and my messages working properly.
    Last edited by CairnsRock; 12-11-2012 at 12:20 AM.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CairnsRock View Post
    It would be nice to have my appworld account unbocked. My contacts list working and my messages working properly.
    Now you are getting greedy! I hope you get your wishes.
  17. larsonage's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    311 Posts
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    battery has been terrible for me on the current OS
    Last edited by larsonage; 12-11-2012 at 12:26 AM.
  18. BB_Bmore's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,844 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,860 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications
    #18  

    Default

    Maybe bbm will finally come now that it's officially synced to bbid. They have been testing bbm on the PlayBook internally for quite awhile now.
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
  19. rotorwrench's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,001 Global Posts
    PIN
    Forget it
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AVPTI View Post
    Only one app gives me an issue and I've seen other threads about the issue. Believe Bla1ze started a thread about a fix a while ago.
    I've seen a few posts on it and have no doubt you have an issue, being why I said I hope you get it worked out. But in you saying apps, not app, I assumed you weren't getting any updates for any apps. Since it doesn't appear to be widespread, I'm not sure this coming update will resolve it, but hope it does. What app isn't updating?
    If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  20. Luckyman6886's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    302 Posts
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Great ! I like it
  21. bigopti's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    98 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    I still can't see Facebook events and birthdays in my calendar, I hope that gets fixed next to browser, email and appworld performance.
    neel69 likes this.
  22. mr_zed10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,153 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,157 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    The reason for the checker boarding is that sites are badly built, the Playbook browser is perfectly fine, sites like Crackberry need to be built better.

    They could start by combining the amount of css files in to 1 file, minifying the css, reducing the amount of http requests again, for JS, really no need for so many.
    There's no need for over 20 requests before content is even parsed by the browser!

    Sites like this remind me of Blackberry's current OS, just messy, and when something new is added its a quick and dirty little "fix", the way the "blackberry count down timer" has been implemented in the source code is a prime example.
  23. bitek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by katesbb View Post
    Turn off javascript and it's really quick It also turns off some of the ads on the side which I constantly accidentally click on when trying to scroll...
    it is true. with Java off playbook browser is flying.

    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
  24. Bakamushi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imran.ahmed View Post
    The reason for the checker boarding is that sites are badly built, the Playbook browser is perfectly fine, sites like Crackberry need to be built better.

    They could start by combining the amount of css files in to 1 file, minifying the css, reducing the amount of http requests again, for JS, really no need for so many.
    There's no need for over 20 requests before content is even parsed by the browser!
    That is issues you raise when you have checker boarding.

    I never have checker boarding on Android. Or almost never.
  25. bitek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,365 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default Re: Playbook OS 2.1.0.1282 could be here in this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by rroyy View Post
    This is not a inside BlackBerry tip. 2.1.0.1088 released day after registration info released and today registration info (PTCRB - dated DEC 3) for 2.1.0.1282 released. So this is just an inspiration...

    "OS version 2.1.0.1282 Radio version: 2.1.0.1283"
    why o why I had to read this. now I will be clicking myself to death on update button every morning

    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playbook OS 2.1 could be out very very soon
    By srivats_ in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
  2. RIM CMO Loss Could Be Good on Eve of PlayBook Launch: Analysts
    By sf49ers in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
  3. Os 6 theme of 9650 could be in 9630?
    By cristhiantapia in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630 Themes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
  4. 5.0 OS could be soon!T
    By mininash13 in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
  5. OS 169 could be the worst
    By Evil Sports in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions