Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook OS 2.0 bug syncing calendar with Exchange 2003?

Hello!

First of all, excuse me for my bad english.

Yesterday I upgraded my Playbook to the new 2.0 OS version. I have two Exchange accounts, one with Exchange 2003 and another with Exchange 2007.

The problem is only with my Exchange 2003 account: emails and contacts are synced without problems, but I have no entries in the Calendar. The "sync calendar" option in the account settings is checked. And when I start calendar app in my Playbook I can check or uncheck (via Menu) the Exchange 2003 calendar. But there are no entries, even if I manually press the "Sync" button in calendar App. No error messages are displayed, but all my calendar entries are missing in my Playbook.

Anyone else has experienced this Exchange 2003/calendar/playbook 2.0 issue?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Regards,

Ignacio.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Please need help

Quote Originally Posted by ignaciord View Post
    Hello!

First of all, excuse me for my bad english.

Yesterday I upgraded my Playbook to the new 2.0 OS version. I have two Exchange accounts, one with Exchange 2003 and another with Exchange 2007.

The problem is only with my Exchange 2003 account: emails and contacts are synced without problems, but I have no entries in the Calendar. The "sync calendar" option in the account settings is checked. And when I start calendar app in my Playbook I can check or uncheck (via Menu) the Exchange 2003 calendar. But there are no entries, even if I manually press the "Sync" button in calendar App. No error messages are displayed, but all my calendar entries are missing in my Playbook.

Anyone else has experienced this Exchange 2003/calendar/playbook 2.0 issue?

Thanks very much in advance!!

Regards,

Ignacio.
    this response will not help you but you can help me,

can you please tell me how did you set up your microsoft exchange server account?
    i've been trying to add my office email almost all day long but no luck at all, thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PBfanatic View Post
    this response will not help you but you can help me,

can you please tell me how did you set up your microsoft exchange server account?
    i've been trying to add my office email almost all day long but no luck at all, thanks in advance
    Hello!

You need to ask your IT administrator the following questions:

1) Is your Exchange server Activesync enabled? If not, you cannot access to your calendar and contacts with your Playbook. Perhaps you can only access to your email via IMAP account.

2) What is your account name (it can be your email address or another completly different)

3) What is your domain name?

4) What is your Exchange server internet address (for example exchange.mycompany.com).

5) Is your Exchange Server SSL enabled?

In your PB, in the accounts settings, you must create a new account, but it's better if you press the "Advanced" button and select Microsoft ActiveSync account, so you can fill all the previous settings manually.

Good luck!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Default Somewhat similar issue but...

My IT person told me that because of exchange 2003 that we cannot use Activesync and therefore must use IMAP which will only sync email - not even contacts which u claimed works for you. They indicated that Exchange has to be upgraded to 2007 or later to sync contacts and calendar using activesync. However, we are upgrading to the latest version of Exchange next month. Don't know if it is correct and if they are putting me off because of the planned upgrade.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

About my first question: If I create a new appointment in my Playbook using the Exchange 2003 account, I can see the new entry in all my devices (Bold 9900, Android, Outlook, Outlook web...) but none of the entries I created with other devices are synced to my PB. I have now only the appointment I created with my PB...

I have another Exchange 2007 account and it works pretty well in my Playbook, so I think it can be a bug related to the playbook activesync protocol when handling appointments with Exchange 2003 servers...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by HotJava View Post
    My IT person told me that because of exchange 2003 that we cannot use Activesync and therefore must use IMAP which will only sync email - not even contacts which u claimed works for you. They indicated that Exchange has to be upgraded to 2007 or later to sync contacts and calendar using activesync. However, we are upgrading to the latest version of Exchange next month. Don't know if it is correct and if they are putting me off because of the planned upgrade.
    Hello! I use an Exchange 2003 account and our server has ActiveSync enabled, and it works ok with all the devices we use (iPhone, Android tablets), syncing email, calendar and contacts, except with the calendar issue I have only with the Playbook device.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I didn't help u but I sure did help me because I will ensure that they at least enable it to assist our many iphone users who are unable to sync their contacts and calendars with xchange2003. If they get a solution for the calendar issue, I will pass it along.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by HotJava View Post
    I didn't help u but I sure did help me because I will ensure that they at least enable it to assist our many iphone users who are unable to sync their contacts and calendars with xchange2003. If they get a solution for the calendar issue, I will pass it along.
    Ok, thank you very much.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also have the issue - Playbook 2.0 and active sync to an Exchange 2003 system. Everything syncs with the exception of the Calendar. I can be confident that this issue is related to the combination of Playbook 2.0os and Exchange 2003 given our company is also running a parallel pilot with Exchange 2010 and that system is working with my colleague's playbook.

I wonder what will come first - a fix to the playbook or my company going production with Exchange 2010!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

I'm not sure I'll be of much help, but I have full sync of email, contacts and calendar with absolutely no issues to exchange.

There is a separate bug/or lack of features where I cannot sync sub-folders to the email.

My IT guy said to get activesync working properly he had to install a bunch of patches and upgrades ... definitely check your exchange 2003 set up...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default The same issue

We had the same issue in my company using exchange 2003, this happend with every smartphone or tablet (iphone, android, BB PB, Ipad), the only smartphone to sync was windows phone; so i asked to the IT manager to resolve it, he installed certain patches and updates and now our server can sync with any device.