interesting. I have 5.0.3.13 from beta but haven't see 5.0.3.22 in the wild yet.
    Anyone have a link to get it?
    04-23-11 10:52 PM
    interesting. I have 5.0.3.13 from beta but haven't see 5.0.3.22 in the wild yet.
    Anyone have a link to get it?
    just on twitter now......lets see what happens.
    04-23-11 10:53 PM
    Yeah is all over twitter, but no links anywhere
    04-23-11 10:57 PM
    Yeah is all over twitter, but no links anywhere
    would be nice.. checking beta zone again....
    04-23-11 11:02 PM
    Just did, updated mines to 5.0.3.13
    04-23-11 11:04 PM
    I think this is ridiculous and I'd like to see Crackberry come out and say that this update is not actually available.
    Now why would he do that and decrease his page hits and advertising revenues??????
    04-23-11 11:09 PM
    Just did, updated mines to 5.0.3.13
    same here but no bbm on bridge.
    Mrosales1122 likes this.
    04-23-11 11:16 PM
    Any more input on why we keep getting notifications of updates only to receive 1710 which is already installed? Happened twice so far, latest just now.
    04-24-11 07:19 AM
    The magical land of Tweeeeeeeeeter! Lol.

@SurrealCivic: You need BBM 5.0.3.22 in order for BBM on BlackBerry Bridge to work..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well there is no such version of BBM. Also, on your BB if you go to the BlackBerry Bridge app, Connect to your PB (if not already connected), and look at the Device Properties. There is no BBM in there, so it's not even supported by the BlackBerry bridge app yet.
    04-24-11 07:26 AM
    I think it's obvious this update doesn't actually exist, or was released prematurely and then pulled back very quickly. It probably didn't do anything major anyway, so nothing to get excited about.

Now, back to my coffee.
    04-24-11 08:27 AM
    If you go to "setup" on home screen, you will see green checkmarks on features and if you click on "BlackBerry Bridge" it shows you that the applications have been installed and under the statement it shows what applications are installed and "BlackBerry Messenger" is shown there, so it means BBM was included in the software but somehow its not working and Rim should be able to fix it soon.
    04-24-11 12:18 PM
    Any more input on why we keep getting notifications of updates only to receive 1710 which is already installed? Happened twice so far, latest just now.
    This will happen if you delete a preinstalled app like 'NFB'. Go ahead give it a try: delete NFB then check for updates

pastorbrad likes this.
    04-24-11 12:22 PM
    Hmm....my conspiracy theory is maybe Adam's BB ID identifies hims as being able to download and beta test newer OS before it goes live?

Looking at the big jump in update from 1710 to 1746, there might be some major changes or add ons coming of which there's probably a NDA.
    04-24-11 12:29 PM
    This will happen if you delete a preinstalled app like 'NFB'. Go ahead give it a try: delete NFB then check for updates

Bingo! Thanks! Habit from my old Storm 1, want to get rid of anything taking up memory that I'm not going to use. With 64gb it's not an issue but old habits die hard...
    04-24-11 12:38 PM
    The most-likely situation is that Adam happened to catch an update cycle that included a pre-release update that was not supposed to be shipped out, and RIM pulled it before anyone else was able to get it..

...or Adam has a BlackBerry ID that identifies his account as being authorized to download pre-release OS updates, as many developers in the DeveloperZone do.

But for now, .1746 is not a public release of the OS, using any update method.

This does raise one question though: How does one "revert" an OS update to a PlayBook? On a BlackBerry phone device, you can just download the OS, delete vendor.xml, and update to point to that previous OS version.

How do you do that with a PlayBook?
    04-25-11 09:55 AM
    If you go to "setup" on home screen, you will see green checkmarks on features and if you click on "BlackBerry Bridge" it shows you that the applications have been installed and under the statement it shows what applications are installed and "BlackBerry Messenger" is shown there, so it means BBM was included in the software but somehow its not working and Rim should be able to fix it soon.
    Yea... Im thinking thats just a screen shot and does not reflect the apps actually installed.... Would be nice though
    04-25-11 04:37 PM
166 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD