So I dropped my PlayBook about a year ago when the HDMI cable was connected to it and my 6 year old Olevia LCD TV. After that, I the HDMI cable broke. I bought a new cable and tried to hook it up to my TV. I never could get a signal. I tried it on my friend's brand new 55 inch LG LCD TV and it didn't work. But then I tried it on two of my friend's different Samsung TVs and they were able to detect the signal. Any insights on what is going on and how I can get it to work on my TV? I have the most current OS updated on my PlayBook.

Thanks!
    02-25-13 12:02 AM
    I have used with no issues on sharp, toshiba, vizio and sony lcd. I will say none have been since 1526 update, but unless that broke hdmi somehow, it shouldnt be the pb.
    02-25-13 01:05 AM
    Ok m8.. on the Samsung tvs they have got auto detection that detects any thing that's connected to it and then switches to that channel." well mine does" I think that your problem mite be in your tv hdmi not working properly. Try to connect something else that uses hdmi and see if it works,if it doesn't the problem is your tv...If it does good luck m8 lol.
    02-25-13 04:56 AM
    I would suggest rebooting the pb, check its various settings and also reboot the tv (some of them have a sequence to reset stuff to default settings). Also check the variious settings for the tv and make sure the input is correct. Also try another hdmi cable.
    02-25-13 08:54 AM
    Hey all,

Thanks for the responses. I have reset everything to factory settings and tried new HDMI cords. I also recently tried it on my friend's Samsung LCD Monitor and his newer Vizio Smart TV and it only worked on the Samsung.
    02-25-13 11:06 AM
    Don't use cheap Hdmi cables they are all not the same.
    02-25-13 11:59 AM
    On my Samsung TVs the Playbook connected fine with the TVs picking up the connection and immediately showed the Playbook screen. However after the latest Playbook OS update it was not showing a connection. I followed advice in other posts on this subject and went to the TV settings to deselect Anynet. After doing so magic..... back to automatic connection. Give it a try.
    02-25-13 01:39 PM
    Works fine with my 47" LCD Vizio; I plug it into HDMI 4 (side access, so easier to get at) and works every time. Might need to check the HDMI settings of the PB itself when connected - I think Mirror Mode sometimes conflicts.
    02-25-13 01:55 PM
    You dropped your PlayBook...I am sure something inside of the HDMI connections is broken on the PlayBook. The Samsung TV must has some software that detects even the smallest single coming through that broken HDMI port form the PlayBook, and the other TV brands do not. I would think nothing you try is going to work, you either need to get a Samsung TV or purchase a new PlayBook and be a little more careful next time. You could try taking the PlayBook apart and see if you notice the adapter inside is bent or chipped and you could try and fix it that way as well.
    02-25-13 01:58 PM
    To add another dimension to it, on my TV i was able to get a clear picture of my PB screen, but it is majorly hued in red and audio won't work. So basically, I can get a rid picture but no sound, so it makes it practically useless.
    02-26-13 12:01 AM
    Works fine on my Sharp Aquos.
    02-26-13 12:59 AM
    it's probably the TV settings, and some TVs will default to the last previously attached external device..... Do a TV reboot and try again!

I use mine on lots of different TVs all the time (eg big TV's in Conference Rooms) and the teething setup problems are usually always TV related (having said that, I have one cheap HDMI cable which has caused problems in the past - the more expensive cables work fine)

If the staff have been positively engaged in our planning sessions, then I usually round off each session with some fun video clips - if they haven't been focussed, then they are forced to sit through some opera.....
    02-26-13 03:04 AM