Hi There.
    Playbook owner for a month or so....
    Worked out Internet tethering to mobile - check
    Ripping DVDs on Playbook from laptop - Check
    Music catalogue ported over - Check
    Finally worked how how to minimise an app without closing it - check
    Worked out not to hold the top left corner otherwise the wi-fi drops - check

.....am I glad I spent �120 on a 32gb Playbook. Definately. Its a great bit of kit. Yes I would like Smartglass and a movie store to go with the music store. But the quality of the PB compared to a similarly priced tablet is immeasurable. Seriously. I don't understand whats not to like for the money. converted.
    currygoat and kdeckels like this.
    11-01-12 04:02 PM
    Hi There.
    Playbook owner for a month or so....
    Worked out Internet tethering to mobile - check
    Ripping DVDs on Playbook from laptop - Check
    Music catalogue ported over - Check
    Finally worked how how to minimise an app without closing it - check
    Worked out not to hold the top left corner otherwise the wi-fi drops - check

.....am I glad I spent �120 on a 32gb Playbook. Definately. Its a great bit of kit. Yes I would like Smartglass and a movie store to go with the music store. But the quality of the PB compared to a similarly priced tablet is immeasurable. Seriously. I don't understand whats not to like for the money. converted.
    It is a great piece of hardware with an amazing UI. As anyone would tell you, the lack of high quality apps and volume is not an aspect we enjoy. However, for the browser, social networking, email and other productivity functions it's great.

I do wish it had wifi printing.
    11-01-12 04:08 PM
    Agree. Not app mad myself. Downloaded some games and thought they were ok. Mainly use it for interweb and for my daughter to watch cartoons on car journeys. She enjoys the kids books and games as well. Wierd to see a 3 year old swiping away and opening the paintbook app. Just so impressed with it. AND it fits in my coat pocket!
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-01-12 04:14 PM
    Agree. Not app mad myself. Downloaded some games and thought they were ok. Mainly use it for interweb and for my daughter to watch cartoons on car journeys. She enjoys the kids books and games as well. Wierd to see a 3 year old swiping away and opening the paintbook app. Just so impressed with it. AND it fits in my coat pocket!
    I love the comment about fitting in the coat pocket. I wear a lot of sport coats and jackets as I'm a traveling sales director for my company. It's perfect for those trips.
    11-01-12 04:23 PM
    It is the perfect size! I do find that there are quite a few quality apps to keep me happy. Bb10 will fix the app problem that some are having I hope, with some new developer's on board and some new all round excitement its looking good. Welcome.
    11-01-12 05:32 PM
    here is a perfect example. mrs d is away working so i took my daughter to the pub for her tea (no beer or wine just beans and sausage - well maybe a beer for me). stuck the pb in pocket as i left th ehouse. we were sat there and daughter wanted to watch her silly kids show. hooked up to the pubs wifi in less than two mins. opened bbci player and she was watching it at the table telling me what numbers and letters were what whilst i had a quiet beer and she ate her tea.someone came up and asked me if i was using the new windows tablet. they could not believe it when i said no! now...i don't take my daughter to the pub for tea every day you understand.......its so bloody simple to use and so so so easy to take everywhere.
    11-02-12 05:12 PM
    Sometimes apps can be overrated. I searched app. World for quite some time and tried several mortgage comparison apps. Finally ended up with a spreadsheet in Docs to go that isactually faster and lays out a 3 mortgage comparison with escrow.
    11-03-12 07:42 AM
    Welcome, hope BB10 will soon make the experience even better....
    11-03-12 08:08 AM