Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
Like Tree2Likes
  1. bmwone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Playbook now asks for password

    Hi, out of a sudden my playbook is asking for my password. Says "not connected - Account Invalid" It's looking for the password associated with my email, not router. I recently updated to latest OS for PB, if that matters.

    Thanks
    Bold 9900
    Running on 7.1.0.1098

    Playbook 16GB

    Running on 2.1.0.1753
  2. josney's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    i have to do this constantly, even before the update. i have just gotten use to it.
  3. Chrysalis1156's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,261 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,302 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Yeah, I'm getting that now with my Yahoo mail account as well. Not all the time....just when it feels like it.
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
    samson47 likes this.
  4. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,934 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #4  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    What email provider are you using?
  5. backfire101's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    344 Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    For me that only happens if my PC is also connecting to the mail server, or if i am in the mailbox via webmail.
  6. oldron's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    13 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Happens to me also. It rarely did that before updating to the new Blackberry Bridge and this should have nothing to do with the issue.
  7. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,638 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Might help if you say what service you're using.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  8. josney's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    i use my local cable company for my email services.
  9. FrankIAm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,267 Posts
    PIN
    288986cf
    #9  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    What? Dude, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc...
  10. bmwone's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    It might have cleared up. I deleted the acct. + reinstalled. I am on Rogers.com
    Bold 9900
    Running on 7.1.0.1098

    Playbook 16GB

    Running on 2.1.0.1753
  11. josney's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankIAm View Post
    What? Dude, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc...
    if the What? was for me, excuse me for maybe not clearly understanding what was meant. i use windows live mail.
  12. southlander's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,934 Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA
    #12  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Quote Originally Posted by bmwone View Post
    It might have cleared up. I deleted the acct. + reinstalled. I am on Rogers.com
    cool. just asking since there is a known issue with yahoo's calendar sync.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
  13. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,638 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Quote Originally Posted by josney View Post
    i use my local cable company for my email services.

    Quote Originally Posted by josney View Post
    if the What? was for me, excuse me for maybe not clearly understanding what was meant. i use windows live mail.
    Both accounts? Windows live mail as in hotmail.com, live.com, outlook.com?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  14. disneynorth's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Actually I'm having the same problem with my Rogers account and it was since the last Playbook update. I'm prompted for my password for my contacts only. I still receive and can send with my Rogers account.
  15. esk369's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    773 Posts
    PIN
    31660b55
    #15  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    I have not experienced this it could be worse it could be asking you for money instead of a password I wish my kid would do that
    NYG. BIG BIUE WRECKING CREW

    Scuse me while I whip this out......... my playbook that is.
    kbz1960 likes this.
  16. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,638 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    Quote Originally Posted by esk369 View Post
    I have not experienced this it could be worse it could be asking you for money instead of a password I wish my kid would do that
    LOL, good one.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  17. aplw's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    I had this happen as soon as I setup work email account. Also, password when I installed android app after setting pb to developer mode.
  18. edyb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    742 Posts
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    #18  

    Default Playbook now asks for password

    It happens to me when my Wifi connection drops. Then I have to re-login to all my email accounts again. Used to happen all the time before, but lately not so much. Don't think it happened once since upgrading to 2.1 though.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
  19. cabbnut's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    9 Posts
    PIN
    Ask!
    #19  

    Default Re: Playbook now asks for password

    It appears to be a problem with the Rogers/Yahoo address book server (carddav.address.yahoo.com) and the latest update to the PlayBook (2.1.0.1032). I have no problems with my BB Torch 9810. I entered the server's address in the PB browser and got this response:

    Cycle Prohibited

    Description: Could not process your request for the document because it would cause an HTTP proxy cycle. Please check the URL and your browser's proxy settings.

    Mind you, this could be because I was using the wrong protocol (http).
    PeTeR
    Using since '98
    850 -> 9810+PB
  20. Carmels's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    967 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    This is weird, I haven't been using my PlayBook that much since the last update because I've been using my Z10 for everything now. Just turned on my PlayBook on and now it's asking for a password issue is its not excepting any passwords I use. Now I'm at the dreaded 8 of 10 attempts and I don't know what else to do. HELP!
    "Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
  21. kbz1960's Avatar
    Doesn't Matter

    Posts
    55,638 Posts
    Global Posts
    55,793 Global Posts
    #21  

    Default

    If you reboot it and try again does the count start over again at 0?
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
  22. Carmels's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    967 Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    If you reboot it and try again does the count start over again at 0?
    Nope! I'm sitting 9 of 10 now
    "Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
  23. kill_9's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    5,168 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmels View Post
    Nope! I'm sitting 9 of 10 now
    You must be set a password on the tablet and have now forget it. However, you have a backup of the contents. Your only option is to get it right the final attempt or allow the tablet to perform a security wipe and then reinstall the applications and any content to you want restored.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
  24. Carmels's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    967 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kill_9 View Post
    You must be set a password on the tablet and have now forget it. However, you have a backup of the contents. Your only option is to get it right the final attempt or allow the tablet to perform a security wipe and then reinstall the applications and any content to you want restored.

    Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    That's the thing, I know for a fact I never changed the password on the device since the OS update. However, the last thing I did on my playbook about a week and a half ago was sideload some apps using the Google chrome plugin and app manager.
    "Think highly of yourself, because the world will take you at your own estimate."
  25. BrizzadMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    695 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Interesting, I noticed this too. I have recently sideloaded some android apps....

    Posted via CB10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Playbook mail accounts keep asking for passwords
    By redman8 in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
  2. Just Updated Now Not Asking For Password To Unlock?!
    By adzyp in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
  3. BB asks for password when connecting to 802.1X Wifi
    By gm85 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
  4. Asking for password to hook it up to a computer
    By gothicdreamgirl in forum Older BlackBerrys
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 08:38 AM
  5. Fatal error upgrading to .55 now asking for password?
    By rschwalbe in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 12:38 PM

Posting Permissions