Surely I'm not the first to note this... but BBM on PlayBook does BlackBerry-style notifications. (same way RIM has done it for 13 years (suck it, iOS 5) )

I'm becoming more and more pleased with this update between the freed up memory, software standby key which renders the hardware power button needless, and increased browser speed and bridge functionality. App world is also better and as Kevin pointed out, this definitely laid the ground work for big, big updates coming soon.

Quite pleased.

One question though. What on earth is the deal with the LED notification light? Its only "use" so far is to flash when the PB turns on.

pic attached.
    06-07-11 10:12 AM
    Or...maybe that's just the way the icon looks now. In which case close this thread cause that was a rookie comment. Not sure yet though.
    06-07-11 10:17 AM
    I've never seen it before. Left the PB at home after upgrade this morning cause I rode into work so haven't got to play with it much. I did notice that I got alerts for new AppWorld app updates just after the update in the corner which was cool. Although it told me Poynt has an update then couldn't find it, so still some bugs.
    06-07-11 10:21 AM
    Update - no indeed the notification is real-time! The clearing of notifications is still a little buggy, but if you do manage to clear one properly, the red marker goes away. Nice to see them beginning to work on this.

As for the Poynt update - if you check later you will see it - It took a little while to go live for me, even after it alerted me it was available after the update.
    06-07-11 10:28 AM
    Another update - works on Messages too! Check it out for yourselves
    06-07-11 10:38 AM
    Yes, there is a update for Poynt and yes the update has worked for me! This is how I did it! Maybe, this can help you or someone else trying to figure it out.

I hit the Poynt updated Blackberry style notification up in the corner.

It shows +1 something to that effect 1.

It will automatically take you into App World - go into your My World list

You will see the update for Poynt. Click on it, should install.

This is how I installed the update for Poynt!

06-07-11 10:48 AM
    this is awesome more of a blackberry feeling i cant wait to go home and do the update!!
    06-07-11 10:53 AM
    the icon updates as well, dont know if it was like this before. also dont know if it was the bridge update or pbos update that changed it

06-07-11 11:23 AM
    the LED also seems to remain green while the PB is off and charging (did I really just say that?? update #ftw). Almost too bright for my liking, if you keep it near your pillow each night, like I do.
    06-07-11 11:37 AM
    We need BerryBuzz ASAP.
    06-07-11 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD