I recently deleted all my accounts from my PB and am setting them up again, in an effort to make notifications work again.

However, when I setup my GMail account, it refuses to work. It seems to work, but then when I launch the "Messages" app, it says "Your login information has changed or is incorrect. Update your login information and try again". When I tap the warning, it brings me to the accounts page of the settings menu and going into my GMail account I see that it has changed the password. The password I entered is 16 characters (I use Google 2-step authentication, and so for stuff like this I generate an application specific password, which is always 16 characters long), but the password field now only contains 10 characters (shown as *).

I know I have had this account setup in this way before, so I can't understand why it isn't working now. Anyone got any ideas?
    11-06-12 08:36 AM
    Seems odd. Have you tried a reboot. I also use two step authentication.
    11-06-12 11:28 AM
    Did you try the account setup on the advanced screen, rather than the simple screen.
    11-06-12 11:37 AM
    Tried wifi profile remove and readd?
    Not really same but at one time my PB wouldn't accept my BB id and password.. Not in Appworld nor in the settings menu.. Restart didn't help but wifi remove and readd did.. No idea why it should matter but it worked :P
    11-06-12 11:42 AM
    There are lots of suggestions on this thread on ways to resolve the 2 part authentication http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...ng-bis-670459/
    11-06-12 11:44 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Yes I have tried rebooting, and also removing and readding my WiFi. That linked thread didn't really have "lots of suggestions", just a bunch of people advising the OP to do what he (and I) had already done.

I did try the advanced screen once, but it was taking ages to try and verify it so I gave up. I'll give that another go later.
    11-06-12 12:33 PM
    I don't know if you found anything but after a factory reset, to fix slowness and loads of apps crashing, I found that I have the same problem as you. After wasting most of saturday trying to find different combinations and getting none of them to work, I ended up:

1. Adding my gmail account XXX as a standard IMAP account.
    2. Creating a second GMAIL account (XXX2) and adding that to my playbook.
    3. Setting up synching on XXX2 to work as with the original account.

Thus was a complete pain to be frank

Just out of interest, did you follow the tutorial to add additional calendars to sync? I use a Mac and have subscribed to various calendars (F1, Aviva Premiership Rugby) and added one for synced birthdays so I wonder if that has anything to do with it...
    SifJar likes this.
    11-07-12 07:49 AM
    I haven't added any additional calenders so it's nothing to do with that I don't think.

What you describe seems like a bit of a hassle. I'll probably just not bother tbh. Another account that did setup correctly still doesn't give me notifications about new emails so I think it would probably be a waste of time anyway. Thanks though.
    11-07-12 11:45 AM
    I haven't added any additional calenders so it's nothing to do with that I don't think.

What you describe seems like a bit of a hassle. I'll probably just not bother tbh. Another account that did setup correctly still doesn't give me notifications about new emails so I think it would probably be a waste of time anyway. Thanks though.
    No worries. The only reason I ended up setting up the second account was that I was pissed off and wasn't going to let it beat me :-|
    11-07-12 01:10 PM
    Not sure if this is applicable, but I had the same problem when I was on vacation. Turns out google blocked my PB because I was in a weird location and didn't think it was me. I got an email from them on my phone telling me to login via browser with the device to authenticate.
    11-07-12 02:49 PM
    two factor google auth has to be setup with your carrier bis network
    11-07-12 05:14 PM
    Made no difference when I tried two factor authorisation and is bis involved anywhere? As this is a wifi only device, there's no carrier either.
    Last edited by AndyMulhearn; 11-08-12 at 03:22 AM.
    11-08-12 01:29 AM
    I don't have a carrier seeing as it is a WiFi device.
    11-08-12 11:20 AM