i'm not sure what is going on. my playbook was working absolutely fine last night.
    i tried to wake it up from sleep this morning by swiping from bezel to bezel, and it didn't work. i tried from all sides and all different directions and no go. i pushed the power button and nothing happened. i figured it ran out of battery without me noticing.
    i got back to a charger a little while later and plugged it in, pushed and held the power button (that thing is really frustrating) and it booted up fully. then when i tried to enter my password the screen just didn't work. i couldn't type anything in at all. i couldn't do anything then - i got pretty busy.
    after a couple of hours again i went back to it, rebooted it up and this time i could type in my password.
    i thought all my troubles were over.

1) now if i let the playbook go to sleep, i can't wake it up by swiping from bezel to bezel. i have to hold the power button and reboot all the way up.
    1b) when i'm typing in my password i notice that the key sound is very low. lower than i've set it.
    2) it wont play any videos. youtube, flash videos, videos i've loaded from my computer. nothing works.
    3) volume can't be adjusted. if i push the volume up/down buttons, the volume thing pops up but wont move up or down
    4) screen orientation wont change if i hold it upside down or in portrait mode
    5) some apps just close after showing the opening screen. deadspace is one of them. quran mojawad (arabic app) just shows the opening screen and doesn't work. but doesn't close automatically.

i haven't found other issues yet. but i'm sure they're there.

any advice?
    09-08-11 02:37 PM
    get a new one, that happened to me
    09-08-11 02:55 PM
    Isn't there a way to force an OS reload using DM and something about the power button?
    09-08-11 02:56 PM
    You can try a hard reset if you haven't yet:

Press and Hold all three buttons - PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown for 15-20 seconds or till you get a reaction.

Rim Support 1-877-644-8405
    09-08-11 04:01 PM
    You can try a hard reset if you haven't yet:

Press and Hold all three buttons - PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown for 15-20 seconds or till you get a reaction.

Rim Support 1-877-644-8405
    i tried that already. i guess i gotta call RIM.

warranty is going to be a pain since i live in dubai and we don't have a proper service centre here
    09-08-11 04:11 PM
    turns out that the whole thing is busted. they're not sure if it's software or hardware. i tried doing a security wipe and now i can't get past the set up.

sending it in for warranty claim. hopefully they just send me a new one.
    09-10-11 03:44 AM
    1) now if i let the playbook go to sleep, i can't wake it up
    Sounds like a case of PlayBook Sleep Paralysis!

Seriously though, hope you get your situation resolved. I know how frustrating that can be.

All the best

--Bounce
    09-10-11 06:38 AM
    I had a small problem, not quite the exact same thing, but I plugged it into my PC using Blackberry Desktop manager and the problem was fixed and it was working good as new. Initially I couldn't get BB Desktop manager to recognize the device, then restart the the computer and it worked...
    09-10-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD