I just wish Bridge had BBM. It worked flawlessly with my Torch, not so great with the Z10. I was hoping the 10.1 update would bring BBM to Bridge but no.
    BB12MX likes this.
    05-15-13 09:11 AM
    Me too, with Stilton cheese in the middle and a bit of wholeseed mustard on the side.
    You are making me drool (no, I don't think it's dotage)

I do like Stilton and it goes well with port. Don't know about brandy??? Sad-old?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 09:52 AM
    If you are going to get me a poster, I'd like this one (I foolishly sold mine years ago):
    Attached Thumbnails Playbook not getting BB10 update?-kinski-snake.jpg  
    05-15-13 10:04 AM
    If you are going to get me a poster, I'd like this one (I foolishly sold mine years ago):
    Which did you sell, poster, snake or girl?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 11:09 AM
    Which did you sell, poster, snake or girl?
    I sold the poster - garage sale. I should have sold the girl, though not that one. And of all the pets I've had over the years including real turtles, never had a snake but have held a few.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 11:36 AM
    I've never wanted a snake.
    I wouldn't mind being a snake, that snake...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-13 04:04 PM
    Guess I will admit, that image still does it for me!!!!!!!

I thought it was Calvin and Hobbes but one of the cartoonists used that poster in the background is his comic one day. I've tried searching but can't find it.
    05-15-13 04:48 PM
    Lucky snake...

Posted via Z10
    05-15-13 05:47 PM
    Where did Thorsten Heins come out and say, "I am not bringing BlackBerry 10 to PlayBook!!!!"?

This is a journalist speculating. End of story.

What is with people in these forums talking about promises made and promises broken and then passing off their personal speculations, rumours and innuendo as proof????

I'm as disappointed as anyone they didn't give an update on the timeline for it, but honestly - if I read one more goddamn, "BlackBerry is not bringing BB10 to PlayBook", "PlayBook doesn't have specs to run BB10" or "BlackBerry has discontinued the PlayBook" thread, I think I'm going to have a cow!!!

Stop fricken passing off rumours as 'facts' people!
    if you do, you better post a PlayBook vid,,, if not, you'dve broken your promise & i'll never buy one of your posts again..
    05-15-13 05:57 PM
    I will give you a few big hints...her name is Natassja Kinski and this photo was from 1981 by a photographer named Richard Avedon from Vogue Magazine. I found a place where it was up for sale and had a value of...ok you're going to kick your own @ss now but...$300-500! OUCH! It sold for $210...

My source: Avedon, Richard. Nastassja Kinski and the Serpent - Price Estimate: $300 - $500

And according to THIS site, it has a value of between $1025-1525 and the starting bid is ONLY $500 and it's still for sale...lucky you. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...serpent-poster

Here is a larger size for your drooling pleasure: http://amatterofinstinct.files.wordp...a-kinski-3.jpg

Artist Name: Avedon, Richard
    Title: Natassja Kinski and the Serpent
    Medium: Offset Lithograph
    Edition Size: Unknown
    Year: 1981
    Paper Size: 24.5 x 35.75 inches
    Image Size: 22.75 x 35.75 inches
    Condition: A-: Near Mint, very light signs of handling
    Notes: This photograph is of Natassja Kinski, the German-born model and actress. Kinski gained acclaim both through her active acting career, as well as through her relationship with Roman Polanski at the age of 15 (he was 43). Avadon�s photos embody a true elegance of the mid-twentieth century artist, changed by the sight of war. His images exude a true admiration, a gentleness and compassion for life and spirits. In addition, Avedon�s capacity to capture the zeitgeist of each time period is what have brought him such acclaim. Many of his images have become the defining cornerstone images of what we have come to associate with certain era�s, people and places. In as much, Avedon was not only in tune with the heartbeat of the human condition, but also avant-garde in his way of seeing and taking photographs.
    nappp and FF22 like this.
    05-15-13 08:06 PM
    How about the snake, what's his name?

Posted via Z10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 09:16 PM
    How about the snake, what's his name? Posted via Z10
    Bob.
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    05-15-13 09:54 PM
    I will give you a few big hints...her name is Natassja Kinski and this photo was from 1981 by a photographer named Richard Avedon from Vogue Magazine. I found a place where it was up for sale and had a value of...ok you're going to kick your own @ss now but...$300-500! OUCH! It sold for $210...

My source: Avedon, Richard. Nastassja Kinski and the Serpent - Price Estimate: $300 - $500

And according to THIS site, it has a value of between $1025-1525 and the starting bid is ONLY $500 and it's still for sale...lucky you. http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...serpent-poster

Here is a larger size for your drooling pleasure: http://amatterofinstinct.files.wordp...a-kinski-3.jpg

Artist Name: Avedon, Richard
    Title: Natassja Kinski and the Serpent
    Medium: Offset Lithograph
    Edition Size: Unknown
    Year: 1981
    Paper Size: 24.5 x 35.75 inches
    Image Size: 22.75 x 35.75 inches
    Condition: A-: Near Mint, very light signs of handling
    Notes: This photograph is of Natassja Kinski, the German-born model and actress. Kinski gained acclaim both through her active acting career, as well as through her relationship with Roman Polanski at the age of 15 (he was 43).Avadon�s photos embody a true elegance of the mid-twentieth century artist, changed by the sight of war. His images exude a true admiration, a gentleness and compassion for life and spirits. In addition, Avedon�s capacity to capture the zeitgeist of each time period is what have brought him such acclaim. Many of his images have become the defining cornerstone images of what we have come to associate with certain era�s, people and places. In as much, Avedon was not only in tune with the heartbeat of the human condition, but also avant-garde in his way of seeing and taking photographs.
    Had this exact same poster on my bedroom wall when I was 16...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    05-15-13 10:03 PM
    Had this exact same poster on my bedroom wall when I was 16...

Posted via CB10
    Seeing how valuable that poster has become makes me wonder if you're not wishing it was still in your possession?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 10:06 PM
    Seeing how valuable that poster has become makes me wonder if you're not wishing it was still in your possession?
    The Power of Hindsight...

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 10:25 PM
    Hey, you think that the pb will be as valuable in 20 or 30 years?

I should not have listened to my then significant other and now still a significant friend. She still organizes my garage sales!!!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-15-13 11:22 PM
    Hey, you think that the pb will be as valuable in 20 or 30 years?

I should not have listened to my then significant other and now still a significant friend. She still organizes my garage sales!!!
    I think you should post some ads through Kijiji/Craigslist with the image and offer $50 reward (don't say much more than, Have you seen this poster? I want it and will pay you $50 for yours if it's in A+ condition!) and see who replies and then go into business selling anything that it turns up for some profit you can spend on migrating away from BlackBerry products...LOL!
    05-15-13 11:33 PM

Posted via Z10
    Sheer and utter brilliance!!!
    05-16-13 09:05 AM
    I'm as disappointed as anyone they didn't give an update on the timeline for it, but honestly - if I read one more goddamn, "BlackBerry is not bringing BB10 to PlayBook", "PlayBook doesn't have specs to run BB10" or "BlackBerry has discontinued the PlayBook" thread, I think I'm going to have a cow!!!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...kberry-807839/

Pics please.
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-16-13 11:51 AM
    My guess would be, Lucky.
    05-17-13 06:18 AM
    I think you should post some ads through Kijiji/Craigslist with the image and offer $50 reward (don't say much more than, Have you seen this poster? I want it and will pay you $50 for yours if it's in A+ condition!) and see who replies and then go into business selling anything that it turns up for some profit you can spend on migrating away from BlackBerry products...LOL!
    just put tape over the blackberry logo and write iphone on it and say its an apple prototype.......those people will buy anything apple makes
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 09:22 AM
    Does this mean I can stop pressing my update button now?
    exactly!!!???
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-17-13 09:27 AM
    just put tape over the blackberry logo and write iphone on it and say its an apple prototype.......those people will buy anything apple makes
    I think BB should have done a study with BB10: tell people it's the new iPhone, get them to use it, and see what they say. I bet the feedback would be purely positive.

Of course, Apple would probably sue...
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    05-17-13 10:23 AM
    I think BB should have done a study with BB10: tell people it's the new iPhone, get them to use it, and see what they say. I bet the feedback would be purely positive.

Of course, Apple would probably sue...
    Apple tend to only sue companies that produce devices that work and could be a threat to them. Last thing I heard was that Apple and Samsung have jointly donated $1.2M towards blackberries development of a new playbook!!!!! Do you think they have worked out something we haven't?
    05-17-13 12:53 PM
    You are being affected by Thor mental worm! Do you think Apple produce crap? Apple and Google are the best innovated companies outthere. Do you already saw the new Google Maps? Let's see what Apple will release next month.
    05-17-13 12:58 PM
108 12345