08-22-12 10:15 PM
- Last week, my PlayBook started to refuse to charge. It shows the lighning icon when the charger is connected, but it simply doesn't charge at all (I've even tryed a 24 hours charge, without success). I've tested the stock charger with another PlayBook and it was working fine. I've bought a charging dock, but it isn't charging the device too. The weird part is that the chargers are able to keep it on, but the battery charge is at 0% now. Any idea to solve this? Anyone had the same problem?08-16-12 10:13 AM
- I had this happen to one of my Playbooks. Here is what I did to fix it:
I left the PB sit (not charging) for a day. Then I plugged it in with the cable, not the dock. I charged it for about 15 seconds then, when the light went out, I pulled it. I repeated the process about five times after giving it a minute to sit. On the fifth or sixth short charge the screen showed a low batter symbol. After that I just plugged it in and it charged fully.
I don't know why some things work (because they don't make sense to me) but they do. I hope this helps you. If not, maybe you should send it in under warranty.08-16-12 10:51 AM
- You can read why here:
KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook Power - Battery charge and discharge characteristics08-16-12 10:53 AM
- You could try a Restart/reboot and/or call.
To fix an issue, try these in order:
Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart
Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.
Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)
(UK Support) 0800 096 2805
Playbook French Support
Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)08-16-12 10:57 AM
- This charging issue is very annoying. I have had the same problem since the upgrade to 668. It persists with 840. I can't trust that the phone will charge overnight. Many times I wake up to find it dead. I've had mine for more than a year. If there is no fix then it's just a paperweight...08-22-12 09:36 PM
- This charging issue is very annoying. I have had the same problem since the upgrade to 668. It persists with 840. I can't trust that the phone will charge overnight. Many times I wake up to find it dead. I've had mine for more than a year. If there is no fix then it's just a paperweight...08-22-12 09:47 PM
- On Saturday a week and a half ago, I had the same problem as the OP, so I phoned the 1-800 #, same one as posted by F2. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, they Fedex'd me a box to send it in. The box arrived last Tuesday. I sent it back same day. Got my replacement PB on Friday. Just restored from my backup, reinstalled my apps, and I'm back. But, sheeshl what a hassle. It happened right after I installed .668 and yes, I was using the native mail app.08-22-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD