Last week, my PlayBook started to refuse to charge. It shows the lighning icon when the charger is connected, but it simply doesn't charge at all (I've even tryed a 24 hours charge, without success). I've tested the stock charger with another PlayBook and it was working fine. I've bought a charging dock, but it isn't charging the device too. The weird part is that the chargers are able to keep it on, but the battery charge is at 0% now. Any idea to solve this? Anyone had the same problem?
    08-16-12 10:13 AM
    I had the exact same issue. Tried evrything but failed. So I submitted it to the Service Centre. They said its a hardware problem.
    08-16-12 10:39 AM
    I had this happen to one of my Playbooks. Here is what I did to fix it:

I left the PB sit (not charging) for a day. Then I plugged it in with the cable, not the dock. I charged it for about 15 seconds then, when the light went out, I pulled it. I repeated the process about five times after giving it a minute to sit. On the fifth or sixth short charge the screen showed a low batter symbol. After that I just plugged it in and it charged fully.

I don't know why some things work (because they don't make sense to me) but they do. I hope this helps you. If not, maybe you should send it in under warranty.
    08-16-12 10:51 AM
    08-16-12 10:53 AM
    You could try a Restart/reboot and/or call.

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    08-16-12 10:57 AM
    I've tryed a new 24 hrs charge with the dock. No change. It loads up to 3.53 V (and stop charging), but can't hold more than ten minutes without the charger.
    08-22-12 07:50 PM
    This charging issue is very annoying. I have had the same problem since the upgrade to 668. It persists with 840. I can't trust that the phone will charge overnight. Many times I wake up to find it dead. I've had mine for more than a year. If there is no fix then it's just a paperweight...
    08-22-12 09:36 PM
    This charging issue is very annoying. I have had the same problem since the upgrade to 668. It persists with 840. I can't trust that the phone will charge overnight. Many times I wake up to find it dead. I've had mine for more than a year. If there is no fix then it's just a paperweight...
    Your charger may be the problem. Try using a different charger if possible. Maybe plug it into a computers USB port. It is slower and you should try to not use it while charging this way but it would be a chance to check if it is your device or charger.
    08-22-12 09:47 PM
    On Saturday a week and a half ago, I had the same problem as the OP, so I phoned the 1-800 #, same one as posted by F2. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, they Fedex'd me a box to send it in. The box arrived last Tuesday. I sent it back same day. Got my replacement PB on Friday. Just restored from my backup, reinstalled my apps, and I'm back. But, sheeshl what a hassle. It happened right after I installed .668 and yes, I was using the native mail app.
    08-22-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD