So my PlayBook was at 14% this morning so I put it on the rapid charging stand. The charging symbol appeared and so I left it. A while later I checked it again and it was at 9% but the charging symbol was still coming up. So I shut it down completely, put it back on the stand and the red light came on, then the green blinking light and then a couple of hours later, nothing. It turned on ok but after leaving it to boot for a while, it was completely off. I put it back on the charging stand and nothing happened. So I tried it on the normal usb charging adapter and again nothing.

Is there anything else I can try before contacting BlackBerry about it? I use it every day so I'd like to get it back up and running if possible.
    01-21-14 01:57 PM
    Check if one of the 3 magnets on your rapid charger stays stuck further than the others. If so try to let it loose with a toothpick (unplug the charger first)

Posted from my Q10 with only 1GB of RAM
    01-21-14 02:12 PM
    clean the contacts w/ qtip & alcohol, then do a stack charge,,, once you run it down to nothing, stacking is usually the only way back from the dead...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-14 01:50 AM
    01-22-14 02:10 AM
    So my PlayBook was at 14% this morning so I put it on the rapid charging stand. The charging symbol appeared and so I left it. A while later I checked it again and it was at 9% but the charging symbol was still coming up. So I shut it down completely, put it back on the stand and the red light came on, then the green blinking light and then a couple of hours later, nothing. It turned on ok but after leaving it to boot for a while, it was completely off. I put it back on the charging stand and nothing happened. So I tried it on the normal usb charging adapter and again nothing.

Is there anything else I can try before contacting BlackBerry about it? I use it every day so I'd like to get it back up and running if possible.
    If you are using the charging DOCK, then yes, you have to keep both sets of contacts clean, the dock and the PB. Even a couple of weeks of dust build up can interfere with the contact pressure on those little babies, and you place you PB on the dock for the night and you can wake up to a dead PB. A teefsbrush works perfect on this.

Never had an issue with the Rapid charger...

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-22-14 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD