no matter what cable I use or direct connect to my computer - the Playbook will no longer start or charge at all?

when I hold down the START button along the top - it goes red for a sec...then it changes from red to yellow
    and blinks 4 or 5 times...

screen always stays black...can not force it 'on' at all...

anyone know what might be wrong...or is this just a candidate for the recycle bin?
    06-19-15 02:52 PM
    06-20-15 12:00 AM
    The first link Cracklen supplied is for a method called "stack charging", which is basically charging the PlayBook in little "sips", i.e. charge for a bit, disconnect, then charge for a bit, disconnect, etc.

My recommendation is to *not* use your computer's USB port to charge the PlayBook as it doesn't supply enough current. Use the original charger that comes with the PlayBook. Some people will tell you to use a Rapid Charger, if you have it, but I've found this not to work. The original charger works best.

1. Charge the PlayBook overnight with the original charger. Do not attempt to turn it on until a full day has passed.
    2. Do the stack charging method. It may take upwards of 10 times or more. Eventually you'll see the Battery Empty icon and you'll be able to just charge it normally for there.
    06-20-15 12:29 AM
    You need to use an original PB charger... other sources won't supply enough power...
    KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life
    06-21-15 03:07 AM
    Yes...the note about using the real BB charger worked...finally!

Took a few hours but shes back at 100%.

Could someone offer tho how to turn it off and waste no power at all?
    06-21-15 07:27 PM
    Yes...the note about using the real BB charger worked...finally!

Took a few hours but shes back at 100%.

Could someone offer tho how to turn it off and waste no power at all?
    Good news!

As for wasting no power, this is something I've been struggling with myself. Both the PlayBook and my BB10 phones seem to drain power even when turned off. There's always a slight trickle that eventually drains the battery. I don't know if this could be helped, but in contrast, my HP Touchpad can be turned off for months without significant drain. It only takes the PlayBook a couple of weeks to be empty, even when off.

I suppose if you turn it off for long periods, just know that it's not completely dead and that you can use the original charger to bring it back with a bit of effort.
    06-22-15 11:31 AM