Okay, quick question on how to solve my little Native Email problem. I set it up to work with my gmail account, and it does, however, it's also syncing up and downloading the approximate 2,900~ish emails I have in that account from as far back as 2006.

Deleting all 2,900~ish emails on the playbook is a less than fun way to spend my time.

Any idea how to fix this? I know I can select emails for deletion and mass delete, but that still requires approx. 2,900 taps. Again, not fun.
    02-22-12 02:59 PM
    Okay, quick question on how to solve my little Native Email problem. I set it up to work with my gmail account, and it does, however, it's also syncing up and downloading the approximate 2,900~ish emails I have in that account from as far back as 2006.

Deleting all 2,900~ish emails on the playbook is a less than fun way to spend my time.

Any idea how to fix this? I know I can select emails for deletion and mass delete, but that still requires approx. 2,900 taps. Again, not fun.
    Log onto the gmail website via computer and delete them that way.
    Then re add your account
    02-22-12 03:12 PM
    How are you adding the Gmail account? I'm just using the Gmail preset and not the POP/IMAP config. I get only the most recent 7 days worth. Maybe that's more to your liking?

In Gmail, you can specify that POP will only receive emails from "now on". For IMAP, only the latest X number of emails (minimum of 1000). Go to Gmail, select the Gear (top/right), then Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

As for multi-select:

1. swipe down to get the menu
    2. pick Select
    3. check one email and leave your finger on it, "holder finger"
    4. use another finger to swipe down for additional emails to check
    5. lift "hold finger" and scroll down
    6. repeat from 3.
    02-22-12 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD