I have searched all over for this issue and answers. I had the company exchange and hotmail working just fine. Then hotmail stopped syncing. I reset the PlayBook and it started back. Then exchange stopped working, again same solution and we were good. Now none of them work and yet I didn't change anything on my end. All the settings work for every other device I have tried. I verified that our exchange servers have not been changed any, and I have no clue about the hotmail. I have been using activesync since its inception and have been using mobile devices for over 12 years. This is the first time I have had not been able to get a problem resolved. Any ideas?
    08-22-12 08:53 AM
    I don't have a clue on your corporate end but have you logged into hotmail in a browser and look in the address bar for blu- or whatever for you that needs to be placed in front of m.hotmal.com? blu-m.hotmail.com
    08-22-12 09:05 AM
    Hmmm, that is the first I have seen of "blu-" so I will give it a shot. Sad part is I really like the PlayBook and for it to just stop running email like this doesn't make any sense. Epecially since I didn't change anything and all the settings worked before.
    08-22-12 09:25 AM
    Agree but MS made changes so it's really on them for hotmail anyway.
    08-22-12 09:35 AM
    Well, I have looked at everything and tried everything I can think of with no joy. All my email accounts fail.
    08-22-12 04:14 PM
    Did you log in to hotmail in a browser and see what was at the start? Here is part of mine

https://blu002.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=6 so I need to use blu-m.hotmail.com whatever is the first 3 on yours will be what you need to put in front of -m.hotmail.com on your playbook.
    08-22-12 04:18 PM
    Mine is snt-m.hotmail.com but I didn't enter it. I created my "account" in the Accounts section and once it validated, put in this as the server entry.
    08-22-12 07:13 PM
    I'm on the beta and had to put in the blu-
    saudadeii likes this.
    08-22-12 07:27 PM
    This still doesn't help with the Exchange issue. I can access my company servers from every device I have or tried and was doing fine with the playbook as well until recently. I shelved it when all the accounts failed. I am not interested in all the apps that it has or doesn't have. I like the playbook and still think it has promise but this issues is a deal breaker in my book. I use email a lot.
    08-24-12 10:09 AM
    Maybe someone else can help with your work email. Did the hotmail thing work for you?
    08-24-12 10:12 AM
    As of right now, no email account, hotmail, google or exchange are working. I have internet connectivity and the web sites are fine, all load normally. I do have the new "outlook.com" blank screen but that will clear up soon enough. I did discover that I had the wrong prefix for the hotmail account so I will give it a go later this evening.
    08-24-12 11:50 AM
    For whatever reason outlook.com doesn't work in the browser but I heard using simple browser or another you can change the user agent in works somewhat limited.
    08-24-12 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD