CrackBerry User

PIN
    304fbade
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook native adobe acrobat can't open password protected documents?????

I get a few .pdf documents that are password protected but the playbook can't open them. Is anyone else having this problem, you would think with so much adobe products built into the OS that this function would work.

~JOHN B~
    CrackBerry Addict

Hmm, I thought I had tested that, but maybe it was XLS files.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B

Can't open protected or secured files. Tested.
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
    CrackBerry Genius

If you happen to have Adobe Acrobat, you can remove the password protection with this software. This probably doesn't help much, but it's something.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Sadly Adobe Reader for the BlackBerry PlayBook is barely usable in its present form and harkens back to the early days of Adobe Reader on IBM PC-compatible computers. I am working on a solution to at least allow searching and remembering where in a PDF document the person was on when the application was closed. I just need to learn Qt programming on the BlackBerry PlayBook first.