Hi guys,

Anybody know how to reorganise blackberry music player? I mean I do have thousands of songs and most of them were downloaded by frostwire or that kind of program.

When I put these songs on my playbook, they are not sorted properly, most of the time not the good albums, genres or artists.

Do you guys know how to change that once the song is in your playbook?

Thanks,

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-12 02:24 PM
    For music, what I do is plug the PB into a laptop, Then open the main PB music folder and create a load of new folders , rename them to whatever you want and fill them with what ever music you want, then put a little picture in the folder , but the picture must be called "Folder", and the music tracks have to have the album name (what you have named the folder) in the properties ,
    when you open the music player , voilla, all the folders have become albums.

With your blaybook connected to your pc, you can right click the music file (MP3, or WAV) and edit the info like genre,album name, artist
    Playbook music player-img_00000108.jpg
    12-23-12 02:58 PM
    The PB reads the song's tags for song info. Your problem stems from the tags being wrong or nonexistent. You can edit tags with windows explorer, by right clicking on a file, choosing properties, then details, and then filling in the info. There is also software available for windows to do this.
    12-23-12 08:28 PM
    The PB reads the song's tags for song info. Your problem stems from the tags being wrong or nonexistent. You can edit tags with windows explorer, by right clicking on a file, choosing properties, then details, and then filling in the info. There is also software available for windows to do this.

+1..............
    12-23-12 09:27 PM
    oh cool I'll try that! thanks guys!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 10:06 AM
    pacoman03 is right on. Here is an open source freeware program that you might want to consider to add the tags (MPTagThat - MEDIAPORTAL). It's especially useful in adding missing album cover art, or even adding lyrics! We've used this program extensively in the past couple of months in developing a new PB app that, amongst other things, allows you to display lyrics to your mp3s so that you can sing-along to your favorite songs. From our experience using the the mptagthat tool, it's pretty good for adding tags. But the UI is not so intuitive. I can give you some tips on how to use the mptagthat if that would be helpful -- just PM me.

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Gyronman likes this.
    12-24-12 10:56 AM
    Media Monkey is another desktop app that can add missing tags. One feature that I've liked is you can see ALL of your mp3's and you can sort by type (genre, album, title, etc) and it will show mp3's in each category that are missing that particular piece of info.
    12-24-12 11:18 AM
    Thanks Bumble! I'll try your program and PM you if I need some help. Damn, I have something like 1,200 songs lol
    12-30-12 08:27 PM
    @day-cee. Just wanted to followup that we've just released a new music player app that may be helpful for folks like yourself that have lots of songs. Besides the easy-to-use UI that allows you to quickly find songs, it also features a Think mode that automatically learns your listening habits and plays songs back imitating your behaviour. Here's the thread in the apps sub-forum. http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...3/#post7824775

It also allows you to display lyrics so you can sing-along to your favorite tunes if you have the lyrics in your mp3 tags.
    01-04-13 02:57 PM