So I get it that BB have said BB10 is coming to the Playbook at some point. And I get it that we have to be patient. But here's what I do NOT understand; In the UK we cannot buy music and video from BB World on the Playbook unlike our counterparts in Canada and N. America. I believed this was some sort of licensing or right management issue that was to be resolved. But I can now purchase music and video on my Z10. So what on earth is stopping BB from giving us this functionality/facility on Playbook?
    Anybody got any ideas?
    Thanks.
    05-14-13 07:37 AM
    In the UK we cannot buy music and video from BB World on the Playbook unlike our counterparts in Canada and N. America.
    There is no music/video in BBworld for the PlayBook using OS2 in the US. We do have a separate video store. If and when BB10 comes to the PB that should open it up for everyone.

So what on earth is stopping BB from giving us this functionality/facility on Playbook?
    BB10
    05-14-13 08:13 AM
    We dont even have the separate store in the UK. But it can't be a rights issue anymore if they can get movies onto the Z10, surely?
    05-14-13 08:29 AM
    But it can't be a rights issue anymore if they can get movies onto the Z10, surely?
    Since App World is run by BB, while the Video Store is run by Rovi and the Music Store is run by 7 Digital, why can't it be a rights issue?
    05-14-13 09:16 AM
    good point. But is the content in App World not provided by the same suppliers ie Rovi and 7 Digital?
    05-14-13 11:07 AM
    good point. But is the content in App World not provided by the same suppliers ie Rovi and 7 Digital?
    I'm not so sure about this, especially considering that the pricing and content in app world and the music and video stores is not identical. For example, Zero Dark Thirty is not available in the video store but is in App World.
    05-14-13 12:19 PM
    I wonder if they're getting ready to unify the video store with BlackBerry World. I used to be able to access the Video Store on PlayBook (from Canada) but now says only available in U. S. [Edit: I see now, I have an old or default 'Video Store' -- the separate Video Store app I downloaded still has access to purchase content.]
    Last edited by k8bushlover; 06-24-13 at 04:23 PM.
    06-23-13 09:22 PM