i have mine mounted on the dash and use the video cam as a dash cam. no accidents ive seen on it yet but i saw a vid with one.

also looking forward to android app player working with tethering as i would be using google nav as my gps system.
    Oh wow. I love the idea of recording with it. Never thought of that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 10:50 AM
    No disrespect, but what's the point of doing this? It seems like a huge traffic accident waiting to happen. You should have your eyes on the road, not your Playbook.
    Depends on the intended use. Often, its no worse than what's built onto vehicles from the factory. You can bypass video locks while driving on DVD units.

If its for media, GPS, maybe entertain the passengers if you can manage to not partake yourself, its no worse than a stereo in a dash. Now, watching movies as a driver? I agree, dumb, but to each their own. You get in a bad accident where you are perhaps unconscious and cannot turn off the PB, you are utterly screwed! Not to mention just living with tye fact that you could have caused an accident or even, god forbid, took a life.

There are definetly Pros and Cons to this type of thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-11 10:55 AM
    Inspirational post! I cant wait to integrate the Playbook in my car, I just cant find the time...
    08-11-11 11:11 AM
    No disrespect, but what's the point of doing this? It seems like a huge traffic accident waiting to happen. You should have your eyes on the road, not your Playbook.
    You could use the media player to play music while you're driving maybe? or perhaps tether the PB and use Bing maps?
    08-11-11 11:27 AM
    Another advantage of this Mount, I use it for my Torch 9800.

The way I set it up is so I don't take my eyes off the road. There are drivers out that put their full attention to the road and still can't drive for sh*t, who Talk/Text, put on their Make-Up, etc. My Coupe has BT/Handsfree and I try not to use it or talk for more than two minutes because it can be a distraction.
    08-12-11 10:31 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD