My order came in from MountGuys, ordered the Vent and cost me less than $20 shipped.

I'll post pics later when I get home. It's pretty secure and mounting it on the Vents give me the best viewing angle unlike the Windshield, it's not so visible for Cops and won't fall off if the weather gets too hot which what happens ti my Garmin mount.

Do you have your PlayBook mounted? Post some pics.

Last edited by bembol; 08-09-11 at 03:50 PM.
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-09-11 12:48 PM
    This is something I'd be interested in. The PB is the perfect size of this function, whereas a 10" tablet is simply too big and distracting to be mounted.

What software will you be using for navigation? Will it support turn by turn?
    08-09-11 12:57 PM
    You're right about the iPad, it was too big.

I already have a GPS, Garmin 1350 which I rarely used (a gift) so I have no plans using it.

I wanted Mounted so it doesn't to be place on the Passenger Seat/Glove Box and I want to use it as I drive whether it's Bridging, Browsing, listening to Music or watching Videos. Please there's no need to educate me, I've been watching since I bought my first portable DVD player.
    08-09-11 03:49 PM
    looks great. which brand mount is this? loosen up at all as you drive over bumps?

now if only we had bluetooth audio...!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Erandhawa and LewLew23 like this.
    08-09-11 04:01 PM
    My order came in from MountGuys, ordered the Vent and cost me less than $20 shipped.

I'll post pics later when I get home. It's pretty secure and mounting it on the Vents give me the best viewing angle unlike the Windshield, it's not so visible for Cops and won't fall off if the weather gets too hot which what happens ti my Garmin mount.

Do you have your PlayBook mounted? Post some pics.

whats the brand of the mount?
    08-09-11 04:05 PM
    nice car man!
    bembol likes this.
    08-09-11 05:18 PM
    Yeah, really want to be around you while you drive and watch a movie!
    08-09-11 05:39 PM
    That looks like the mount from Arkon. The mounting feet look to close together. Do they clear all the top controls? I had one from Arkon and had to return it for that reason.
    08-09-11 06:07 PM
    Looks great!! Awesome setup.
    bembol likes this.
    08-09-11 06:07 PM
    looks pretty cool, enjoy it!
    bembol likes this.
    08-09-11 06:16 PM
    Awesome! I like the wooden rosary too.
    08-09-11 06:20 PM
    planning a road trip in 2 weeks thanks for posting this other than the concept police car hadn't seen a playbook mounted. ordering mine from playbook next
    08-09-11 06:31 PM
    Nice!

needed text
    08-09-11 06:32 PM
    Yeah, really want to be around you while you drive and watch a movie!
    Been driving for over 10 years. I get that reaction a lot, like WTF?!?! LOL

After you spend some time driving in the GTA, driving around me isn't so bad.

That looks like the mount from Arkon. The mounting feet look to close together. Do they clear all the top controls? I had one from Arkon and had to return it for that reason.
    Barely cleared it. I would've returned too if it didn't but I put it as far as I can on the edge and it's holding up.

Awesome! I like the wooden rosary too.
    My sales gave it to me and even Blessed my Coupe.
    08-09-11 11:24 PM
    looks great. which brand mount is this? loosen up at all as you drive over bumps?

now if only we had bluetooth audio...!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As long as you don't start drifting, it will hold. I have no problem going over bumps.

My brother has Bluetooth Audio on his '10 Acura TSX Base and it's a PITA to use and watching Videos is impossible with Lip Sync/Audio Delay issues.
    08-09-11 11:28 PM
    other than the concept police car hadn't seen a playbook mounted
    LOL, this is about the 3rd or 4th car mounted PB posted in the forums...
    08-10-11 12:34 PM
    I have the i-grip kit for my playbook.

Very sturdy and hadn't fallen off on the worst washed out gravel roads.

Wish they woudl A2dp to the playbook so i can play the sound wirelessly over bluetooth.. Very annoying.

But the playbook looks wicked on my windshield and i like the interface for music.

Playing movies for my kid works really well too.
    08-10-11 01:36 PM

Got the same mount. Didn't like on the dash so moved lower. Works great!
    08-10-11 05:53 PM
    How is the visibility of the display assuming you get sunlight where you live? Brightness/reflections etc.? How easy is it to remove when you park, as I assume you don't want theft bait in your car?
    08-10-11 07:25 PM
    Hey nice pictures! Thanks for posting! Looks great!
    08-10-11 08:37 PM
    How is the visibility of the display assuming you get sunlight where you live? Brightness/reflections etc.? How easy is it to remove when you park, as I assume you don't want theft bait in your car?
    It was Cloudy/Raining when I installed it so I don't know but I when take my PlayBook outside I have no issues with Brightness/Reflections or Glare.

I only take it out when I'm off work. The weather looks good this Friday so I'll see how it is.

The bottom is spring loaded, so it's not difficult at all to remove.
    08-10-11 08:46 PM
    I get that reaction a lot, like WTF?!?! LOL
    I'm not surprised you get that reaction a lot. I hope you never kill or injure anyone because of distracted driving. And saying that you've been getting away with it for 10 years is not reassuring.
    08-10-11 09:29 PM
    i have mine mounted on the dash and use the video cam as a dash cam. no accidents ive seen on it yet but i saw a vid with one.

also looking forward to android app player working with tethering as i would be using google nav as my gps system.
    08-11-11 12:35 AM
    so what model mount is this?
    08-11-11 09:51 AM
    No disrespect, but what's the point of doing this? It seems like a huge traffic accident waiting to happen. You should have your eyes on the road, not your Playbook.
    08-11-11 10:14 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD