My 16gb Playbook has found a new home mounted on the tank of my 2005 VTX 1800c.

See the attached .jpg for context.

I wonder if any of you have found decent mounts in motorcycle applications for the 7" tablet? Please post what you are currently using for keeping your Playbook mounted and safe on your ride. Love this thing!

Below is the link to the video of the PB recording me with the front facing camera @ 720p.

/Cheers,
    Last edited by pebkac; 05-02-11 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Adding link to video
    00stryder likes this.
    05-01-11 01:50 PM
    Dude! That's so badass!!!!
    05-01-11 01:53 PM
    thats sick, but do u use it when riding? :O if you do you must be unreal at riding ahah
    05-01-11 01:56 PM
    So...I could play Need for Speed, while I ride? :O

Not sure why I'd want my playbook mounted to my bike.
    05-01-11 02:11 PM
    So...I could play Need for Speed, while I ride? :O

Not sure why I'd want my playbook mounted to my bike.
    Once the GPS is working properly you could use it for that, to listen to music, look up places to eat when you ride to a town for the first time, etc. There are a lot of uses.
    05-01-11 02:33 PM
    Once the GPS is working properly you could use it for that, to listen to music, look up places to eat when you ride to a town for the first time, etc. There are a lot of uses.
    I suppose. I'd personally prefer something smaller.
    05-01-11 02:35 PM
    I suppose. I'd personally prefer something smaller.
    Understandable, everyone has different preferences. I would prefer not to have multiple device to worry about.
    05-01-11 02:39 PM
    I've though about replacing my instrument panel in my 1990 Electra with a Playbook. The speedo is inaccurate anyway I use a Zumo on it. But for it to be really cool I'd want it to be able to interface to voltage levels, gas level, rpm and provide a virtual dash.
    05-01-11 02:48 PM
    now that's really cool
    05-01-11 03:31 PM
    Yayyyyy you got a honda, a ground pounder at that. my dads got the same bike in the red :P. you won't be able to use it well when the bike idles but when you take off it will be as easy as if the engine was off. I know the bike it's a awsome machine. my dad has a yellow 750 magna, i'm not into riding but that thing is a smooth beauty with 2 wheels. 4 cylinders, it takes off like a rocket but rides smooth as silk.
    btw i showed it to my dad he just shook his head i thought it was cool atleast. :P
    Last edited by drethos; 05-01-11 at 05:00 PM.
    05-01-11 04:55 PM
    Cool idea!

Funnily though, first thought through my mind when I saw this was "Are the splattered flies easy to wipe off the PB screen?".
    05-01-11 05:04 PM
    My 16gb Playbook has found a new home mounted on the tank of my 2005 VTX 1800c.

See the attached .jpg for context.

I wonder if any of you have found decent mounts in motorcycle applications for the 7" tablet? Please post what you are currently using for keeping your Playbook mounted and safe on your ride. Love this thing!

/Cheers
    using a PlayBook while riding?!? Thats cool but you better stay out of Laughlin, Nv this week for the 'RiverRun' becouse the cops might not think its very cool
    05-01-11 06:31 PM
    Can't see myself every mounting my playbook to my bike, not gunna lie.
    Guess GPS can be handy, but I have a little Tomtom that does the trick... and it's cheap haha.
    05-01-11 06:56 PM
    Hehe nice to see others with similar interests.. that said, I do not actually use it while riding for obvious reasons ..

I just think - as some of you - that using it as a GPS device (once properly support on the PB) / Virtual dash / Media player (Hands free) is a great use for this form factor. There are many after market devices that serve those purposes for MC applications.. I just think that the PB fits the bill. Another image attached for context.

I have a Utube vid of the PB recording me from that position (looking up at me) that is simply outstanding! Will post that link shortly to demonstrate the PB's usage of recording the driver while in motion.

The screen on the PB is Very easy to see in daylight compared to my Ipad and my Viewsonic viewpad.. which were horrible.

All said.. I think the PB has a perfect place on my tank... back to my request for alternate mounts.. anyone find a decent/strong/stylish one for the PB on MC?
    05-01-11 08:10 PM
    Right now I have a Zumo doing my XM, GPS, and MP3 ran into the radio on my Electra Glide, but would really love to implement a Playbook to do all this functionality.
    05-01-11 09:01 PM
    that looks like a nice setup!
    05-01-11 09:27 PM
    How does it handle all that vibration? Do you have some type od dampener between bike and PB?
    05-26-11 02:26 PM
    05-26-11 03:04 PM
    really now.
    05-26-11 05:38 PM
    Hey! I could mount my Playbook on my Piaggio BV-500 Scooter..!
    05-26-11 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD