Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vorkosigan
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook Mini Keyboard Won't charge.

Sooo, I got my mini keyboard yesterday and I used it this morning with some of my classmates. Then I noticed, that, nothing happens when I turn on the power switch. There was no LED color. When I got home, I charged it and, it wouldn't charge. NO LED COLORS AT ALL. Maybe it's dead. :c
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

I just bought one and waiting for it to be delivered. Does it have a battery?

Call bb support and pick their brain
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It does have a battery, Li-Ion, but mine can't be charged, I do not know why. I can't just call bb support because I'm from the Philippines and it would cost alot to call them.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    850 Global Posts

I think they have a international toll free number
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

We're you turning it off and on or leaving it on? I seem to remember having this happen when I first got the keyboard. I think I just tried pairing it again and it worked fine and then when it actually died I did a full charge. That was close to a year ago and it's never given me any trouble since.

You should leave it turned all the time. Left on you can get between 3-4 weeks with a charge depending on your usage. If you turn it off and on though after every use you'll only get a few days.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

That's good to hear! I'm charging it right now and hopefully it would work! Thanks.

-Josh

Edit: I was turning it on and off every time I was done using it. And I use it for like 5-10 mins.
    Last edited by JoshASDF; 02-11-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

+1.
    I found the same thing. I would also try to let it charge over night. I had a similar problem when I first got mine, I let it charge for a few days and have had no problem since.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have two keyboards that have the same problem. I have not tried to charge them for a few days.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Experience with Windows, Mac OS, IOS, Palm OS, Android, BlackBerry OS, QNX, Windows Mobile and a variety of other devices.
    * Long time reseller of MDaemon® Messaging Server, BlackBerry® Edition
    Over 25 years of technology experience.
    Background in Avionics, self-taught on computers since the days of MS-DOS 2.0.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

I charged my keyboard overnight still no luck. It won't power on. Maybe I'll try charging it for a few days
    CrackBerry Abuser

The question would be, JoshASDF, do you see a light on of any colour while you're charging it? If not, then quite possibly you've got a defective charging port. A second question is if it does work while on the charger. If so, then you have a defective battery. BlackBerry does do support through email and chat, if memory serves, so absent an international callin number, try that. You clearly have a warranty issue, at the very least.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,163 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoshASDF View Post
    I charged my keyboard overnight still no luck. It won't power on. Maybe I'll try charging it for a few days
    If that doesn't work I would see if you can return it. Sounds like you might have gotten a lemon. Which happens with tech sadly.

I once had a brand new Ford truck at work that ran so rough - i complained about it repeatedly and no one believed me. Finally I got the boss to let me take it to a shop. Turns out an oil ring and gasket were in upside down. Friday build. Lol.
    Power corrupts. Knowledge is power.
    Study hard. Be evil.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sorry you are having trouble after waiting to get your keyboard. If you haven't already, do a search (tho I don't remember this particular issue mentioned). My keyboard doesn't always show a light, so it is possible your light doesn't work. I never have any problem. Got it for Christmas and always leave it on. Have only charged it once since the initial charge.

Good luck and make sure you post the outcome so others can benefit. And make sure you become a regular here. Great people and you will get a lot more out of your devices.