Hi Guys,
    I had 2.0 installed and i setup my ATT, Bellsouth paid accounts using the advanced settings pop server. Every morning it asks to put in my password again for each account then it works fine for the rest of the day. I did setup the correct password in the original setup and they are correct. The pop and smtp are exactly like i have setup in my phone and on my computer. The playbook is in standby mode over night and connected to WiFi all night. Why does it ask each day for the password again? Maybe its just easier to use the bridged mail.
    Thanks for your help.
    02-25-12 07:12 AM
    Hi Guys,
    I had 2.0 installed and i setup my ATT, Bellsouth paid accounts using the advanced settings pop server. Every morning it asks to put in my password again for each account then it works fine for the rest of the day. I did setup the correct password in the original setup and they are correct. The pop and smtp are exactly like i have setup in my phone and on my computer. The playbook is in standby mode over night and connected to WiFi all night. Why does it ask each day for the password again? Maybe its just easier to use the bridged mail.
    Thanks for your help.
    I noticed that a couple of days ago when I found it strange I hadn't seen any new messages. I clicked the message icon, and I get an alert it failed to connect, or words to that effect. I went back to advance setup and checked, and everything was kosher, so I clicked the save settings button. It's been fine since. Hopefully just a minor hiccup that is self limited.
    02-25-12 07:15 AM
    I have saved them each morning since the upgrade to 2.0 but each day the same. It asks for the passwords
    02-25-12 07:21 AM
    I have saved them each morning since the upgrade to 2.0 but each day the same. It asks for the passwords
    I don't recall when I initially setup the account with my ISP if a password was either a requirement or an option. If it was an option to password protect your account(s), perhaps changing that might be a solution.
    02-25-12 07:23 AM
    I am having the same problem with Roadrunner, and less often with Gmail.
    02-25-12 07:24 AM
    I haven't passworded the account, it's the password for each email account that it asks for.
    ie: username
    password
    02-25-12 07:28 AM
    I had the same problem with my Gmail account. I just deleted and re-added it. It's been working well for a couple days now.

Others have suggested to do a security wipe and reinstall a fresh copy of 2.0 to solve the problem.
    02-25-12 07:33 AM
    I have deleted them and started over but still the same
    My gmail and hotmail account do not ask for a password just the ATt and Bellsouth paid accounts
    02-25-12 07:38 AM
    My Gmail account lasts about 20 minutes and then wants my password. The first couple of days it worked fine. My other accounts are working fine so far. After a reboot this morning Gmail keeps rejecting my password.
    02-25-12 09:26 AM
    I'm having the same issue too. Yesterday everything was fine, but I've had to input my password for my gmail account 3 times in the past 10 minutes. It says "unable to connect to server." :-(
    02-26-12 12:49 PM
    Anyone that could help me please?
    Thank you
    02-28-12 07:04 AM
    I have the same problem. In addition I get some emails to my Playbook, some to the 9900 and some to my PC. All are configured the same.
    02-28-12 08:27 AM
    My native worked fine for the first week, now it tells me that I am not connected to server
    I am bridged and also have tried wi-fi nada. It worked for a while yesterday until I got home and still not working this morning
    02-28-12 08:53 AM
    Any ideas guys?
    03-03-12 05:58 PM
    I don't recall when I initially setup the account with my ISP if a password was either a requirement or an option. If it was an option to password protect your account(s), perhaps changing that might be a solution.
    Requirement. You cannot save the account settings if the PB is unable to connect to both your mail and smtp servers.
    03-03-12 07:21 PM
    I have the same problem on Gmail, started a couple days ago.
    03-03-12 07:26 PM
    I have, gmail and yahoo email accounts and because of all the problems I've been reading about I have kept a close "eye" on my PlayBook native emails. With the exception of not receiving one email on my yahoo account everything is running smooth. Only thing I can suggest is to start from scratch with everything......I know, a hard concept to grasp. I'm glad I didn't have to take that route and I'm not sure if I would and just keep using the bridge feature......just a suggestion
    03-03-12 07:40 PM
    I had the same problem with my Gmail account. I just deleted and re-added it. It's been working well for a couple days now.

Others have suggested to do a security wipe and reinstall a fresh copy of 2.0 to solve the problem.
    With respect to my gmail account, I had the same issue, kept asking for my password. I deleted the account in settings and re-added it, as suggested above, and it seems to be working well. Thanks.
    03-04-12 03:07 AM
    I have the same problem with all of 3 email accounts in my PlayBook (Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo). Sometimes it shows pop-up and ask me to fill out password again.
    03-04-12 05:21 AM
    see the advanced setting. If your email falls into pop mail or exchange, you don't have any issue for the connection since by bridging, your email will push automatically. but for imap mail, it sucks. you need wifi connection to get your email pushed to your playbook via native email.
    03-04-12 06:24 AM
    I'm getting a similar issue, constant request to input Gmail password which fails 10sec later with the announcement 'account has changed or is incorrect'.
    Have deleted account and re-added under both Gmail and exchange settings. This seems to work for 24-48h bit then issue reappears.
    Have tried changing the account password, which worked for over a week but does not last.
    I have a standard Gmail account which it's self POP's 2 other accounts.
    Is there some advanced setting which is by default causing this loss of authentication that can be changed?

EDIT: I should point out I do not have a BB to bridge with.
    Last edited by techhatesme; 03-09-12 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Additional info
    03-09-12 02:12 AM
    Dunno if it's related but this happened to me for the first time last night. It was for my Yahoo mail...
    I'd just sideladed some apps and had dev mode and password enabled, and every time the screen timed out and went black I'd have the pop up for my Yahoo password whenever I wole it up again.
    Completely stopped when I turned of dev mode and password on my PB..?
    03-09-12 02:34 AM
    i had the same problem, recieved my BB PB yesterday from PC WORLD UK �169.99 16GB, set up all settings for native email, worked fine for 10mins, BUT i did find i went to the Gmail website after this to see how the browser worked, after i logged out of the website, the PB's native messages app got a message telling me it could not connect to server and password was invalid, no matter how many times i input my password, it would not accept it.

so i just deleted the Gmail account from the accounts settings and re entered my details, all is working fine so far.
    03-09-12 02:53 AM
    I had the same problem with gmail. It kept asking for my password. When I wasn't receiving emails through native app, I went to gmail.com via PB and noticed 118 messages from names I'd never heard of before. Not sure what's happening. Would love some insight....
    03-12-12 02:44 PM
    Any solutions? I get the prompt from my AT&T E-mail about once a week. I've set up my e-mail the same as Windows Mail and only try to access when on Wi-Fi.
    05-29-12 09:39 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD