I have a line on a PB LTE and am trying to figure out how much data it would use. I am trying to set it up as a phone using software via the internet, VOIP I guess. I am not an expert in this but can see how I may be able to leverage the LTE capabilities of the unit. So, I wonder if anyone that owns a PB LTE can tell me how much data they use monthly. Doesn't really matter what you are doing on it but the more detail you can share the better. I was hoping to be able to share my wife's data plan on her phone as she has 5 gigs and uses hardly any of it. Her plan doesn't allow sharing so I would be on a small monthly fee plus data usage. It all depends on data usage whether it is worthwhile or not. I may end up trying it out anyways as it is month to month for a tablet add on but just wonder if anyone out in Crackberry land has tried using the LTE as a stand along quasi "phone" device. I can envision being able to use BBM, voice text and video calling once BB10 drops but that will only be to people I know, even if BB10 goes cross platform. I still can see the LTE being used for voice calls, just like a Samsung Note but of course, slightly larger. Still can't quite understand why tablets are not set up to do voice. I guess cause the 10" tablet was the original form factor that caught on in the marketplace, there seemed no need as who wants to carry around a 10" tab. But the 7" size is very portable and with a blue tooth headset, voice calling is very doable. Anyone thought about what needs to be done to set up LTE for voice calling? I could envision a product that one could either plug into a tablet or link to it via bluetooth that would basically be a phone radio that could be used with a tablet (though not sure why it would be necessary if the tablet was voice capable of calling). Anyways, any comments or help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Data usage of PB LTE or how to reliably place voice calls with it using data connection. Thanks!
    01-28-13 06:43 PM
    Limited app , I think there is only 1 yes 1 Voip app working on the PB.
    - Taki
    - Comwave ePhone.

As for data usage depending on the codec these 2 services use

FaktorTel - Australian VOIP Broadband Phone Provider for Residential, Business and Wholesale - Frequently Asked Questions
    01-28-13 08:17 PM
    Comwave ePhone is what i use over wifi and it all depends on what again the codecs used, if u have a huge internet plan then who cares like the download portion.

Now as for mobile ephone works over that as well if u have a SIM in the PB that has a DATA plan tied to it and again depends on your carriers network how good it will be and depends on your plan, i have a 5gb shared plan so it is ok, just check with your internet provider to see how much you can download in a month and if its like 160gb or more heck thats plenty enough, but keep an eye on it.
    01-28-13 08:26 PM
    Hey, thanks for the replies. I have Comwave downloaded to my wifi pb but have not yet tried it. It was my plan to use it for calling via wifi when available and with LTE when I was on the road away from wifi. I use Telus, in Canada as a provider and would love to use the data that my wife doesn't use with her phone but telus won't let a tablet share on her plan so I will need to pay 5 bucks to be part of her package but all data costs above and beyond like 10 bucks for 100 megs of data and 20 bucks for a gig. that is almost half of what she pays for her total package!!! So thanks again, think I will just have to bite the bullet and try it to see how much data I use.
    01-28-13 11:39 PM