- CrackBerry Abuser
- 303 Posts
PlayBook low battery behaviour
I've noticed something peculiar about my PlayBook's behavior the last few weeks. When I'm using it and the battery reaches 10-12%, it automatically shuts itself down without any warning or alarm. And why would it warn me? The notification is supposed to happen at 10%. Now, if I'm not using it and it's sitting in standby, when it reaches 10%, the normal Alarm goes off.
Is this normal behaviour? It doesn't seem right that it doesn't give me any warning while I'm using it.
- 12-28-2012, 08:18 AM #3
About time super troll...erm...mecha got banned. Who waste their time spewing hate on a mobile platform Site? Pretty lame, op as always try a reboot and if that doesn't work reinstall the OS.I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
- CrackBerry Genius
12-28-2012, 05:14 PM #5
- 3,508 Posts
It sounds like your battery meter isn't calibrated correctly. RIMs method to calibrate is to let it drain until auto-shut off then charge fully. May need to do it a couple times. At full charge you will see a plug over the battery, not a lightning bolt. Use the included charger or rapid charger not the USB to PC charge.
Does it do anything else odd? Maybe stay at 100% for a while?
- 12-29-2012, 01:03 AM #7
OP, do you have Battery Guru on your PB? It would be a better monitor of what's going on with your battery.There are trolls in BlackBerry clothing among us. Report and never reply to obvious troll posts, they will die without responses from you.
- By Sunmark in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 5Last Post: 03-23-2008, 10:58 AM
- By Bryan247 in forum Discover BBM FriendsReplies: 27Last Post: 03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
- By consciousq in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
- By joshlondon in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 0Last Post: 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
- By debulcha in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 4Last Post: 06-16-2007, 10:13 PM