I was thinking of picking up a Playbook today, because I have a BB GC. But when I went to the website every Playbook was listed at their regular price. ($499 for 16gb) It even says "shipping not available" And all stores in my area are OOS. So is BB not carrying the Playbook anymore? Thanks.
    03-14-12 09:30 AM
    I went to a Best Buy store on my way home from work on Monday to pick up the convertible case and noticed that the 16Gb PlayBook was still listed for $499. I purchased my PlayBook online last week from RIM's store for $199 for the 16Gb version (free shipping too). Amazon also has it listed from multiple vendors for the same price, might be worth buying it online.

Russ.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-14-12 09:43 AM
    The 16GB is still 199 at Bestbuy.ca
    03-14-12 09:51 AM
    The shopblackberry.com website still seems to have the reduced prices (or at least something close to them)

Si.
    03-14-12 10:03 AM
    Radioshack has it for 199.00
    03-14-12 10:30 AM
    Consider that if storage is important, 64GB of solid state storage is the remarkable bargain. On sale -today's prices at Radio Shack or Amazon in the US, for instance, 25% more cash gets you 100% more memory, and 50% more cash will get you 400% more memory. Granted that fifty or a hundred dollars is not pocket change, but the margins for more memory are usually substantially larger.
    03-14-12 11:33 AM
    Here in Portugal some stores drop the price from 319€ to 219€ (16GB) and its out of stock almost everywhere. I purchased 1 on ebay, im waiting for it, will arrive tomorrow
    03-14-12 12:13 PM
    I think this jerking around of prices isn''t doing RIM any favours in the Playbook dept. They seem to have found a place that the marked loves the PB at 199/249/299 and as a long time observer of pricing strategy, I'd say they should stick with it for the balance of the life of the first generation playbook.
    russnash likes this.
    03-14-12 12:56 PM
    I think this jerking around of prices isn''t doing RIM any favours in the Playbook dept. They seem to have found a place that the marked loves the PB at 199/249/299 and as a long time observer of pricing strategy, I'd say they should stick with it for the balance of the life of the first generation playbook.
    You're spot on with this, Slalom. If RIM were to keep the prices at this mark I believe the PlayBook would definitely pickup momentum and interest.

I was showing my PlayBook to some friends that have 10 inch iPads and droid tablets, they were impressed by the capabilities of the PlayBook (iPad user hates the fact that his options for connecting with a PC and other devices are so limited) and their eyebrows rose quite a few interested inches when I told them I paid $199 for it. They were also blown away by the BlackBerry Bridge abilities and it's ability to run droid apps.

Russ.
    03-14-12 02:26 PM
    RIM has been sticking with the current price strategy, even dropping the earlier from November sales prices, $199, $249, $299. it's the retailers who have been "jerking" the public around with their labile pricing policies, not RIM.

Besides, anybody who truly wants a PB now, would have already done his homework and researched the product on the BB site, where they would have also found the current pricing. If you haven't done your research, then may I suggest you do so now.

Best Buy is not the ONLY place to buy a PlayBook.
    03-14-12 02:33 PM
    I personally think BestBuy is pathetic along with RIM for not advertising more. The way these two businesses do business is sad and it's a shame that consumers have to put up with this nonsense....OK that's enough ranting and raving, ,,, since it's OK to do this, in other words act like a child instead of a adult. Things that make you go hummmmm.
    03-14-12 02:37 PM
    i went to buy my playbook today and i was able to get price matched with the radioshack price of 199 so i got it from best buy for 199
    03-16-12 06:32 PM
    �169 here in the UK for the 16gb and �200 for the 32gb - bargain!!!!
    03-16-12 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD