I was under the impression that the LED indicator would be used like the Blackberry phones? Is it like a future feature or gonna stay like this?
    07-30-11 08:25 AM
    Until the NDK is released, all of it is still a mystery.
    It depends of the API to the LED will be available or not.
    Myself been hoping the LED also could act similar just like in BlackBerry
    07-30-11 08:38 AM
    I love "mystery"... it keeps my "hope" high...
    07-30-11 12:04 PM
    Haha I guess the NDK will really solve a looot of Playbook's shortcomings. Whenever its released.
    07-30-11 11:09 PM
    come on guys, you know the answer to this 'its coming this summer'
    07-30-11 11:43 PM
    come on guys, you know the answer to this 'its coming this summer'
    That's gonna be a **** of a summer! I'm stocking up on beer.
    07-31-11 12:19 AM
    ok i know this is an old thread but is their any updates? i would like to know as well if the pb led will change colors or blink in os 2.0

bebuzz for pb!? would be nice
    rjedge54 likes this.
    01-12-12 09:46 PM
    OK I give. As I have never had a BB phone (hangs head in shame) I am clued out. What's so special about the led on a BB phone?
    01-12-12 09:50 PM
    OK I give. As I have never had a BB phone (hangs head in shame) I am clued out. What's so special about the led on a BB phone?
    all bb devices have color changing led.

any color, wht, pink, purple.

so you can get an app bebuzz to set up different colors for different messages like a ringtone. so even on silent you can tell who's calling, texting, emailing etc...

its an amazing feature if you ask me.
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-12-12 09:55 PM
    all bb devices have color changing led.

any color, wht, pink, purple.

so you can get an app bebuzz to set up different colors for different messages like a ringtone. so even on silent you can tell who's calling, texting, emailing etc...

Oh that would be sweet. Thanks for the info Duchess!
    01-12-12 09:57 PM
    ok i know this is an old thread but is their any updates? i would like to know as well if the pb led will change colors or blink in os 2.0

I was thinking that BeBuzz would be a great app for the Playbook since we have in the Dingleberry demo that the Led can display multi colours. I als noticed tbat in the CES OS 2.0 demos the Led was flashing for nww messages, so there's hope.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 10:02 PM

In the demo videos of OS2 so far, the LED light has always been blinking, probably to indicate new messages, whether it be emails or tweets. One of the demos specifically mentions that the LED is used for that purpose.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 10:06 PM
    Oh that would be sweet. Thanks for the info Duchess!
    no problem.
    01-12-12 10:07 PM
    All the CES 2012 demo videos of OS 2.0 I watched, showed the LED blinking Red all the time.... dont know if that means anything or its just my ignorance....
    01-12-12 10:51 PM
    Yep, it's definitely coming in OS 2.0. We've seen it working in the demos.

BeBuzz is a different question, that one will depend on the developer and the dev tools available when 2.0 is released.
    01-12-12 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD