wifi dropouts

anybody else? random and annoying. zero dropouts on macs, girl's ipad and our iphone4s.

thx

other than that, a nice bit of kit
    I've lost wifi only occasionally after discovering the PB's wifi antenna location: at the upper left (in landscape mode). That's exactly where I tended to support the device, and the bars would drop away. Avoiding that spot has made a big difference.
    05-07-11 10:55 PM
    Wish it had a jack for an external WIFI antenna. Would be great when mobile with
    it.

Tim
    05-07-11 11:02 PM
    I have a few lingering questions:

1) Is there a way to turn on autotext? Capitalizing and punctuating are getting to be a pain.

2) My bridge is only showing emails and no texts. I know that the bbm update is coming soon but I thought sms and mms were displayed in the bridge messages folder...?

3) Is there a way to add another tray to the main nav? I like to keep all of my apps together in one folder and would ideally like to have it be an option on the main menu like "all", "favorites", "media", etc. is this possible?

Overall, very impressed with this thing...only way not to love it is if you are a hater. Amazing piece of tech!

Hmmm... In Bridge Messages, my autotext is working just fine - capitalization, punctuation. But not spell check! I don't see any settings on the PB.
    I can't get text messages to show up either. The settings on my BB don't seem to matter, and I can't see any options on the PB to set this.
    I'd LOVE to be able to create additional tray on the home screen.
    05-08-11 01:49 PM
    I have major issues accessing HBOGO.com... The playbook will stream the movie for about a minute then get choppy as **** but yet my co-worker and view and stream just fine on a mobile HTC phone operating the android OS wo how freaking embarasing for Blackberry! I think mine is going back I'm not happy with paying 700 to be this big of a beta tester ... Damn RIM your just killing yourselves!
    05-10-11 10:14 AM
    Can not run grooveshark.com on PB!
    05-10-11 05:03 PM
    That would be a no on grooveshark.com it has a problem with the flash...
    05-10-11 06:58 PM
    Does anyone have the issues with youtube on playbook browser? It always freeze in the middle of video even the connection is very good.
    05-17-11 09:51 PM
    That also happens to me, because the playbook enters standby mode, and the backup won't continue. The maximum standby timeout is 5 minutes and most backups take longer, specially those with more apps or data. RIM devs must develop when they are drunk or something, its actually interesting that they ignore the most simplest details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, the problem isn't the playbook going into standby mode while the backup is going on. I made sure to keep it 'awake', and it still quit with an error just before the end. I did Media, Settings and Application Data all separately; Media and Settings completed ok; Application Data got an error just before completing.

Anybody know of a cure for this yet short of doing a security wipe or deleting/reinstalling apps one by one?
    05-21-11 10:59 AM
208 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD