gps works. i just reset the pb, had it outside, using bing maps, and it found and indicated my location.
    04-21-11 11:25 AM
    Is there a way to delete a file once it is downloaded? A gentleman and I (along with the sales rep at Best Buy) were trying to figure out how to do it. Nowhere could we find how to simply delete the PDF he downloaded (He was testing form data but that's another discussion). The rep said he would have to wipe the PB to do it.
    04-21-11 11:35 AM
    Is there a way to delete a file once it is downloaded? A gentleman and I (along with the sales rep at Best Buy) were trying to figure out how to do it. Nowhere could we find how to simply delete the PDF he downloaded (He was testing form data but that's another discussion). The rep said he would have to wipe the PB to do it.
    You could plug it into a computer and access its file folders. But without a computer, I don't know, I'm trying and I don't see a straightforward way.
    04-21-11 11:58 AM
    how about this i take a pic and set it as wallpaper but it zooms wwaAaayyy in set as the wallpaper. anyway to keep it from doing that? kind of annoying.
    This issue is discussed in the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/wa...-issue-606342/

In brief, the PB screen has a resolution of 1024x600 pixels. Because wallpaper must fit both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal size for custom wallpaper is 1024x1024. Content within a 600x600 area of the image will appear in both orientations. I made a square custom wallpaper following these instructions and it works.

The PB system must be zooming in on pictures taken with the camera (or other photos from your collection) to allow for the pixel height required in portrait mode.
    zephryn, madamemonday and wms3 like this.
    04-21-11 12:40 PM
    Playbook says "Tap to Open". I do and the download bar starts to build (scroll out) byt stops halfway and the Excel file (in my case) never opens.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance
    04-21-11 01:45 PM
    The Playbook browser/operating system does not support webinars running GoTo Meetings. When I attempted to connect to a GoTo Meeting, I got the error message:

"Unable to Join Meeting" - your computer's OS is not supported - your browser and internet connection is not supported.

Don't know why, but the inability to run GoTo Meetings on the browser is a major dissapointment and limits the tablet's usefulness in the business/corporate market. I was hoping that I could simply plug my Tablet into a projector or LCD screen via HDMI, and present a webinar demo being run remotely.

I would be interested if it works with Webex or other web presentation solutions.
    04-21-11 01:50 PM
    had this problem all day tuesday, but got it fixed yesterday. make sure you are running the most up to date OFFICIAL OS for your carrier on your phone.

im on ATT and had to downgrade from OS6 on my 9700 to the ATT official 5.0.0.929...which sucks, but it made the bridge icons appear

Unfortunately I'm on BES and Verizon. But thanks anyway. At least now I know it is probably pointing to my phone's OS. I'll just order me a replacement phone.
    04-21-11 02:06 PM
    Anyone experiencing that Gmail buttons are unresponsive on Playbook.
    Buttons like Menu, Delete, Refresh, scrolling etc..pressing them sometime works but most of the time don't work at all. I have to press them 3-4 times for those buttons to work !!!
    Also the Desktop version of Gmail from the browser itself is not responsive at all !!! What is the issue over here ???
    +1 same issue here. the mobile site just seems sluggish or non responsive, i cant figure out how to get it to default login to the basic html site.
    04-21-11 02:07 PM
    Has anyone been able to get their wireless headphones to work? I sucessfully paired mine with the playbook and they are listed on the bluetooth screen but when I click on them the connect device is grayed out? Any ideas?
    I have this same problem
    also I delete emails on PB and it asks if i want to delete on device or both and I click both and they do not delete on PB just on phone. I try to delete again and the delete x clicks but nothing happens...
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks
    04-21-11 02:10 PM
    just found that if you go into each individual email address and delete emails you will get them to delete. If you try to do it from the "all messages" it is sluggish if it works at all.
    Still no luck with head phones...moto S9-HD is paired but connect is greyed out
    04-21-11 02:20 PM
    Is anybody able to sync with playbook with itunes like you can do with the blackberry phone
    04-21-11 02:49 PM
    had this problem all day tuesday, but got it fixed yesterday. make sure you are running the most up to date OFFICIAL OS for your carrier on your phone.

im on ATT and had to downgrade from OS6 on my 9700 to the ATT official 5.0.0.929...which sucks, but it made the bridge icons appear
    I got the bridge to work with both my 9700 and my 9800 both running leaked versions of OS 6
    04-21-11 03:16 PM
    I just wanted to start of saying that i love my playbook (I'm using it right now to type this post :-). That being said it has a few issues.

1) Blackberry Bridge prevents my phone from receiving calls sometimes
    2) Blackberry Bridge browser just refuses to work on occasion
    3) Blackberry Bridge crashed my blackberry 9650 while disconnecting from bridge
    4) Trying to restart playbook sometimes freezes it

Other then those few issues it runs pretty good. I was just wondering if anyone else run into similar problems and if so how did you fix and ir work around it.
    04-21-11 03:21 PM
    Bridge shows messages on Playbook when none on phone (9650).

Will not update two items at once in App World.

GotomyPC does not work (need java)
    04-21-11 03:51 PM
    Is anybody able to sync with playbook with itunes like you can do with the blackberry phone
    Yes, I can sync with itunes through DM just as with my phone.
    04-21-11 03:55 PM
    You could plug it into a computer and access its file folders. But without a computer, I don't know, I'm trying and I don't see a straightforward way.
    The Playbook needs a file manager similar to what is on the Torch! The only way i can see to access files is via each app, and the PDF reader app is so bare bones that it doesn't have a delete function. I thought i saw a video on Crackberry where the reviewer was accessing files via the browser but that have may been with Bridge
    04-21-11 03:58 PM
    This issue is discussed in the following thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/wa...-issue-606342/

In brief, the PB screen has a resolution of 1024x600 pixels. Because wallpaper must fit both landscape and portrait modes, the ideal size for custom wallpaper is 1024x1024. Content within a 600x600 area of the image will appear in both orientations. ...
    Thank you! I have been trying to figure out why the heck it was doing this, but your explanation makes perfect sense.
    04-21-11 04:00 PM
    Yes, I can sync with itunes through DM just as with my phone.
    Just FYI, I got off the phone with tech support.
    SYNCing with WINDOWS XP is currently not working........

WTF.... who doesn't have XP these days....lol

"We are working on it, I just got out of a meeting 15min ago and it's being worked on"

Was what I was told....

on a side note. I love this thing so far..
    04-21-11 04:04 PM
    Has anyone been able to get their wireless headphones to work? I sucessfully paired mine with the playbook and they are listed on the bluetooth screen but when I click on them the connect device is grayed out? Any ideas?
    if you dig deep enough into the specs you will find that the Playbook does not support the A2DP profile for Bluetooth! This is a major weak point in my opinion, but there is nothing to be done until and unless RIM does an update.
    04-21-11 04:04 PM
    How to Bridge and Tether at the same time

This method uses tethering that your carrier might charge you for

I've done testing myself and have found that the bridge browser is terribly slow, making the browsing experience basically unusable. With that said, the bridge tethering does not allow apps to use the internet, rendering your internet apps useless.

With this method, you can use the main browser and any app that uses the internet AND still be bridged for your messages, contacts, etc.

1. Follow the set up to connect your BB to the Bridge. This will configure your PB to your BB with Bluetooth and such.
    2. On your BB, go into the Bluetooth options and ensure that 'Dial-Up Networking' is checked/on! (My torch was disabled by default.) (Under network connections -> Bluetooth Connections -> BB Menu -> Options -> Enable Dial-Up Networking)
    3. On your PB, go to the settings -> Internet Tethering and choose your BB device and carrier and connect to the Internet.

You are now tethered and bridged at the same time. You can use the main browser and I find this much more amazing than the bridging browser, speed-wise.
    Last edited by Clarkee; 04-21-11 at 09:21 PM.
    04-21-11 04:05 PM
    2. On your BB, go into the Bluetooth options and ensure that 'Dial-Up Networking' is checked off. (My torch was disabled by default.)
    where did you locate this on your Torch? (I'm running OS 6.x, using ATT, and i can't find this under any of the Bluetooth settings)
    04-21-11 04:12 PM
    where did you locate this on your Torch? (I'm running OS 6.x, using ATT, and i can't find this under any of the Bluetooth settings)
    Under network connections -> Bluetooth Connections -> BB Menu -> Options -> Enable Dial-Up Networking
    04-21-11 04:18 PM
    Got it, thank you! Love this forum!
    04-21-11 04:51 PM
    +1 same issue here. the mobile site just seems sluggish or non responsive, i cant figure out how to get it to default login to the basic html site.
    On the left side where your emails are, scroll down. Theres a link to basic html there. Site works great. Just bookmark it.
    04-21-11 05:50 PM
    I have quite a noticeable hissing when recording video, anyone else have this?
    04-21-11 06:59 PM
208 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD