Playbook keeps asking me to validate my account password
This has happened periodically before. I turned the Playbook off for a cold boot. Now it keeps asking me to verify my Yahoo account. I have entered my password several times and also just deleted the prompt. I have also re-entered my password in the email settings. The irritating thing is my email works and I can send and receive, but this msg keeps popping up. I also get a little yellow warning triangle. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks so much.
- 12-06-2012, 04:13 PM #6Lovin' the Playbook and hatin' the cynics!
- 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM #8
A bit of a pain, but my older yahoo files are still there.
- CrackBerry User
12-07-2012, 12:36 PM #15
- 16 Posts
Re: Playbook keeps asking me to validate my account password
Here is what has fixed this for me.
Step 1: Delete the account off the Playbook.
Step 2: Go to m.yahoo.com sign in and make sure to enter the captcha.
Step 3: On the PB, go click Add Account> Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
- Choose Advanced Setup at the bottom.
- Choose IMAP
- Enter Yahoo IMAP information.
Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
User name: full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Password: the password you use to log in to Yahoo! with.
- Save the accout.
I have stopped getting prompted to sign in.
Last edited by castoridae; 12-07-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
- 12-08-2012, 02:41 PM #17
I thought there were BlackBerry Playbook developers on this site; can't they look into this or help us?
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-10-2012, 12:39 PM #21
- 126 Posts
When my yahoo mail keeps asking for my password repeatedly on my PlayBook I use my pc to sign in. My settings are to keep me signed in for two weeks. That usually fixes it, even when I tell the PlayBook to cancel on the prompt. Don't know what one has to do with the other, just seems to work.Up to 50GB FREE
- 12-10-2012, 12:47 PM #22
RIM support has been no help. It may have to do with yahoo syncing.
I hope BB10 doesnt have this nonsense or they will be in deep doodoo.
- By ash213 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 4Last Post: 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
- By -nDu- in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.xReplies: 6Last Post: 02-28-2010, 10:16 PM
- By deefz in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.xReplies: 4Last Post: 11-30-2009, 10:00 PM
- By cellwiz09 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-11-2009, 12:58 PM
- By StorminTrojan in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 27Last Post: 12-24-2008, 06:07 PM