My month old 16G just died. Its fully charged. I was looking at some pics that were on it and the screen went black and then no power.. will not boot back up again. Anyone else having/had this problem?
    06-13-11 01:45 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure RIM will replace it for you, though, since it's only a month old.

By the way, did you try plugging it into the computer or an outlet and see if there's any response?
    06-13-11 01:49 PM
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure RIM will replace it for you, though, since it's only a month old.

By the way, did you try plugging it into the computer or an outlet and see if there's any response?
    +1... I've seen iPhones with plenty of battery left just die all of the sudden and not come back till plugged into the wall. Something may have flaked in the power unit and is in a protection state.
    06-13-11 01:56 PM
    Hearing about dead PB is a first for me.

Have you tried holding the power button down for over 10 seconds to see what happens?
    06-13-11 02:00 PM
    Try a reset, press all the buttons, power AND both volume controls, this may revive your unit.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    06-13-11 02:01 PM
    Have you tried bringing it back to where you bought it?
    06-13-11 02:34 PM
    even though the screen looks dead, it may not be off. hold the power button down while its vertical landscape on a table (for resistance) for atleast 10 seconds. then hit it once more and hope for the red led that its booting.
    Other options, connect it to desktop software. it may give you a software reload message and you can try to debrick. if not, call reps and get an RMA.
    06-13-11 03:00 PM
    My 32GB Playbook died today with the same indications: no power, no response on normal push of button. Holding top power button for 12 seconds then push as normal brought it back.
    uknewtoblackberry likes this.
    06-13-11 09:15 PM
    Well it's not dead after all, left it plugged in all day yesterday and it powered back up .. most strange... must have angered the gods somehow.. ...thanks for all the replies.. if it happens again I'll contact RIM...
    06-14-11 06:57 AM
    Mine died. I tried everything and nothing worked. I went crazy and opened it. Removed battery contacts....nothing.
    I am talking to RIM since 3 days, and nothing yet. I bought my PB in the US but I live in Europe, so let's see.
    06-14-11 08:59 AM
    Well it's not dead after all, left it plugged in all day yesterday and it powered back up .. most strange... must have angered the gods somehow.. ...thanks for all the replies.. if it happens again I'll contact RIM...
    Good news.

My girlfriends kindle had a funny 5 mins the other day and locked up. Once switched off it wouldnt come back on for love nor money, after an hour plugged in and several attempts on the power button it came back on. The battery had three quarter charge so I dont know what caused it, I think modern tech just has its moments .
    06-14-11 01:31 PM
    It just goes to show you how amazing and complicated the technology we use and rely on has become. And yet, with all our knowledge, sometimes when we ask "why?", the only answer is, "I dunno...just because?"
    06-14-11 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD