I got my son a Playbook for Christmas. He has an iPhone and no computer but wants to be able to transfer music and video from his phone to the Playbook. Does anyone know of a way to do that without a computer? Does the iPhone have the ability to connect to the Samba share on the Playbook?
    12-27-11 08:32 AM
    Dropbox...?
    12-27-11 08:35 AM
    I suppose that would work - either that or Box.net. He's not very technical so it would have to be something that makes it very easy. At least he has an unlimited data plan.
    12-27-11 09:34 AM
    Our file manager Files & Folders supports both Dropbox and Box.net. You can simply copy & paste files between them and your PlayBook.
    jafobabe likes this.
    12-27-11 11:24 AM
    Is the music he wants to copy free of any digital rights protection? Might want to start with copying a few music files and attempting playback on the PB. I always rip my CDs in Win Media Player without digital rights so the files playback on my long succession of devices (iRiver -> 8220 -> 9800 -> 9810 -> PB) without alteration.
    12-27-11 02:05 PM
    He's not very technical so it would have to be something that makes it very easy.
    In that case maybe an Apple iPad would be better suited to a non-technical person with an Apple iPhone. A better gift would have been a BlackBerry smartphone and tablet. The click-n-drool generation need to be rescued from their delusional pablum-fed lives.
    12-27-11 02:29 PM
    Our file manager Files & Folders supports both Dropbox and Box.net. You can simply copy & paste files between them and your PlayBook.
    Just pruchased this from App World. Haven't checked it out thoroughly yet, but will later this week. I've heard a lot of good reviews from other users here!
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-27-11 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD