remember when CB had those leaked slides from i think it was verizon about the initial set up. i recall it saying something like during the set-up make sure to plug your device in so it doesn't die during the set-up but aren't you suppose to use whatever charge is in a device and then let it die as to charge the battery correctly or did i just make that up? lol cuz in a device where you cant access the battery to easily replace it. i wouldn't want my battery not work to the best of its ability.
    04-11-11 11:15 AM
    probably just like phone batteries, you dont need to condition the battery. read the article CB had last week about this. Conditioning will make the battery life shorter. And I would assume the PB uses the same type of Lithium Ion battery like the bb phones do.
    04-11-11 11:18 AM
    Not sure if you made it up, but there is an update right out of the box so the last thing you want is for it to die during updating.

My Garmin stresses this. Never update os or maps with a low battery. You have to disconnect from the power source before you restart/reboot the unit.

The last thing you want is to brick your new playbook.
    04-11-11 11:22 AM
    probably just like phone batteries, you dont need to condition the battery. read the article CB had last week about this. Conditioning will make the battery life shorter. And I would assume the PB uses the same type of Lithium Ion battery like the bb phones do.
    do have the link i couldnt find? and its called conditioning when you use the lil bit of charge and let it die completely ?
    04-11-11 11:26 AM
    Not sure if you made it up, but there is an update right out of the box so the last thing you want is for it to die during updating.

My Garmin stresses this. Never update os or maps with a low battery. You have to disconnect from the power source before you restart/reboot the unit.

The last thing you want is to brick your new playbook.
    thats a great point i would seriously throw up if i bricked my playbook on the first day lol
    04-11-11 11:27 AM
    i would charge the thing to 100% without turning it on then do the update, cant go wrong that way
    04-11-11 11:29 AM
    do have the link i couldnt find? and its called conditioning when you use the lil bit of charge and let it die completely ?
    BlackBerry 101: Charging your battery | CrackBerry.com

And yes it is conditioning when you let it die and then charge it back up, never in this day and age do that on a regular basis.
    04-11-11 11:30 AM
    i would charge the thing to 100% without turning it on then do the update, cant go wrong that way
    if I buy my PB from Futureshop right near my work instead of waiting for my gf's brother to get one directly from RIM (he works there) I'm going to unbox here at work and charge it and wait until I get home to do the update, so I can use Wifi and also hopefully it will be fully charged by then too.
    04-11-11 11:32 AM
    Was almost thinking about putting it on a car charger for the drive home.

Maybe if I call the retailer, they'll charge it before I pick it up.

On second thought, hey, gets your hands off my PlayBook.
    04-11-11 11:39 AM
    Was almost thinking about putting it on a car charger for the drive home.

Maybe if I call the retailer, they'll charge it before I pick it up.

hahaha ya im not letting anyone touch my PB until I open the box for the first time
    04-11-11 11:42 AM
    if I buy my PB from Futureshop right near my work instead of waiting for my gf's brother to get one directly from RIM (he works there) I'm going to unbox here at work and charge it and wait until I get home to do the update, so I can use Wifi and also hopefully it will be fully charged by then too.
    yah i was going to get mine from the best buy right by my work and charge it at work as well since it should only take 2 hours to fully charge it since we hear that the rapid charger does it in an hr and they say its half the normal charge.

oh and thanks for the link. i must be living in the past lol
    04-11-11 11:43 AM
    hahah for sure, dont want to miss all that first unboxing glory lol
    04-11-11 11:45 AM
    yah i was going to get mine from the best buy right by my work and charge it at work as well since it should only take 2 hours to fully charge it since we hear that the rapid charger does it in an hr and they say its half the normal charge.

oh and thanks for the link. i must be living in the past lol
    hey no problem. gotta help as many CB's and PB players out there as possible
    04-11-11 11:48 AM
    They've worded those instructions like that for all the people who tried to do a BB OTA update without plugging in (because they don't know any better) and have their devices 501 because they ran out of juice before it finished. Basically, an id-10-t informational message.

Also, you don't need to condition batteries anymore. I always cycle it at least once a month to flex it's full load, but it's not needed. I caution people more against charging with car rapid chargers or leaving their devices constantly plugged into power than I do about not draining it all the way. Modern batteries tend to die quicker if you don't use them... i.e. never leave your laptop or phone constantly plugged into power when it's not needed and you won't have this issue. I've had smartphone and laptop clients who leave their devices plugged into power almost all the time and then wonder why their battery life is an hour at most. Gee, I wonder why...
    04-11-11 11:53 AM
    word thats what its all about here on the CB forums.
    PS 7 MORE DAYS !!!! i just picture the girl from the ring saying "seven days" lol
    04-11-11 11:54 AM
    They've worded those instructions like that for all the people who tried to do a BB OTA update without plugging in (because they don't know any better) and have their devices 501 because they ran out of juice before it finished. Basically, an id-10-t informational message.
    lmao very true Civic and OMG I love the Id-10-t msg's hehehe
    04-11-11 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD