OK I have been waiting and waiting for the Playbook to hit the market and now that it is close I'm comparing my top 3 tablets to try and pick what one I want.
    What are your thought on the three of these tablets:
    Playbook, HP Touchpad or the Xoom? Right now I think the Xoom is last on my list but the HP Touchpad is looking pretty nice.

Edit: I just found this like that compares all these tablets.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs TouchPad vs iPad vs Xoom vs PlayBook | MWC 2011
    Last edited by dfaris; 03-28-11 at 08:56 PM.
    03-28-11 08:36 PM
    I like the Playbook first due to its portability. Everyone seems to have their own take on where tablets fit into the world right now - I see them as a device to bridge the productivity of a laptop with the portability of a smartphone. You obviously can't have both (yet), and I prefer making the trade-off of screen size for the sake of portability.

As for the other two, I'd rank the Touchpad above the Xoom, but I don't know if I really have any right to say that, as I've never touched a webOS device... I didn't have a great experience with the Xoom in stores, but the device I used must've been bugged or something. The videos I've seen have it running much smoother.
    03-28-11 08:46 PM
    I guess we won't really know they fare until we actually have it our hands and test it extensively.

I hope the Playbook is not the next Storm or Torch.. Uberflops by RIM.
    03-28-11 08:55 PM
    OK I have been waiting and waiting for the Playbook to hit the market and now that it is close I'm comparing my top 3 tablets to try and pick what one I want.
    What are your thought on the three of these tablets:
    Playbook, HP Touchpad or the Xoom? Right now I think the Xoom is last on my list but the HP Touchpad is looking pretty nice.

Edit: I just found this like that compares all these tablets.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs TouchPad vs iPad vs Xoom vs PlayBook | MWC 2011
    Now this is garbage. It was published in Feb before any of these tabs were even released. Not creditable at all.
    03-28-11 09:06 PM
    But what about the eee slate EP121?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee - ASUS Eee Slate EP121

Is 12" too big? =D
    03-28-11 09:46 PM
    But what about the eee slate EP121?

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Eee - ASUS Eee Slate EP121

Is 12" too big? =D
    I have looked at this tablet but I think the size and battery life wont work for me. This would be more of a laptop replacement for me.
    03-28-11 09:49 PM
    umm, Torch is outselling Atrix 4G on at+t. probably not a flop then
    03-28-11 09:55 PM
    I have looked at this tablet but I think the size and battery life wont work for me. This would be more of a laptop replacement for me.
    Yeah the battery life is really subpar, though it's a cool idea I think. It even comes with a wireless keyboard, but then you're definitely using it as a laptop in that case. It's def not lacking any horsepower.
    03-28-11 11:03 PM
    I really like the Xoom. If I weren't so set on the PB, I'd most likely be buying the Xoom right now. I may buy it at a much later date and maybe then Honeycomb will be much more polished.
    03-28-11 11:08 PM
    I guess we won't really know they fare until we actually have it our hands and test it extensively.

Torch, a uberflop?

Only if you believe the bandwagonning media. Comparing to iPhone sales, all phones are flops. Fact of the matter is the Torch has been selling very well.
    03-28-11 11:08 PM
    As it sits now the HP Touchpad has impressed me the most because of the true integration it has with the phone(Pre 3). The next up would be the Playbook because the size would almost guarantee that I would leave the house with it in my pocket more often then I would with an iPad or Touchpad. If thePlaybook integrates with the BB the way I want then it's sold. I want to see everything the's going on with my phone on the Playbook(text messages ,calls,BB Messenger etc).
    03-29-11 08:54 AM
    Edit. Wrong thread.
    03-29-11 09:11 AM
    I had the same choice as you i NEED a tablet excluding iPad and iPad 2

So i was thinking about playbook, when i saw it was 7 inch it didnt really bother me but when i saw the Galaxy Tab it was too small for me, so i said i may not get the playbook but then i heard it cant actually do bbm,email natively unless you teether with a blackberry even though i use the blackberry 9780 this was too bad for me, so i cancelled the playbook ..

So i had xoom and touchpad, the xoom was too expensive so i had touchpad only, i love webOS but it lacked apps, and a rear facing camera, so i thought i would wait for the review and videos in july and if things doednt change then i would get the newer sexier, thinner Galaxy 10.1

- but as for now
    Touchpad all the way
    03-29-11 04:05 PM
    Xoom is good is you like android and want to wait on the os to get polished, stil nice device. Touchpad runs webos and I am done with them. OS is slow to develop and HP isn't doing much better than Palm. Don't care for this tablet after their show and tell; it was so lack luster and a pathetic let down. Playbook is designed hardware wise right, os designed right and looks like the total package.
    03-29-11 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD