im just gonna run up to best buy and see if they can get it to go. I tried again.
    03-16-12 08:53 AM
    I think you can try to use the headset method to your pb to amp. I'm using my pb plug into my mixer to bomb up the whole set of jbl with a lot of(really a lot) speakers...
    That will work but get you an analog signal. I used that on my old receiver and set it to all channel stereo which just plays the same from all 6 speakers. Good for general listening when your moving around the house.
    andronimo likes this.
    03-16-12 09:10 AM
    Well i am getting an update via ethernet so maybe fingers crossed that will help.
    03-16-12 09:37 AM
    seems like the 3.5 jack on the front is ONLY for the microphone test.
    03-16-12 09:39 AM
    You can use a 3.5 headphone jack to RCA cable and plug into one of the inputs in the back.
    andronimo likes this.
    03-16-12 09:48 AM
    OK Chad. I figured out the problem. display mode is greyed out in hdmi screen. I plugged in a different pb and it worked fine. on my "not connected" plabook where the display mode is greyed out how do i change this? it wont let me do anything? Maybe wipe playbook and start over or is there some security setting that i can set up and change it?
    03-16-12 10:53 AM
    When you say display mode is grayed out do you mean it is blank or do you see some numbers in there.
    On my working PB when I'm not connected the window is just blank.

You could try a debrick in the hope that it's a software problem. RIM may have you try that before sending it in for a replacement. I'm not aware of any settings that prevent the HDMI from working.
    03-16-12 11:21 AM
    No numbers and by greyed out i mean it wont allow me to make changes. I plugged another playbook into the amp and it filled up with numbers and said connected. So at least i know why its not working now i just need to figure out how to change those settings.
    03-16-12 11:27 AM
    It sounds to me like you have a faulty PB or HDMI port anyway. There is nothing you can change that would give the "not connected" if your using a known good cable and a working receiver.
    03-16-12 11:45 AM
    If you only want sound you don't need HDMI. You could go with a stereo mini plug to RCA outputs or use something like this: For only $16.52 each when QTY 50+ purchased - BlueTooth Music Receiver | BlueTooth Music Receiver

I have one made by Logitech and it works great!
    03-16-12 12:03 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD